sharetrader
Page 69 of 689 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast

Hey Robbo, do you remember when SMS were getting 10 cents for every text to anf from the likes of Coke and all the great brands and from nearly every country in the world.

they had a market cap of 1/2 billion, remember

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Robbo, do you remember when SMS were getting 10 cents for every text to anf from the likes of Coke and all the great brands and from nearly every country in the world.

they had a market cap of 1/2 billion, remember
    I remember something like that... Round after round of issuing new shares, convertible notes, options... Anything to keep those poor directors in the salary

Plus SMS Holdings Limited ("PLS") has made progress over the past few months
    towards growing the business and restoring value in the company. In
    particular, the Company is "on track" with its Live2Go roll out programme
    throughout Latin America.

We are pleased to provide an opportunity to eligible shareholders to
    participate in a capital raising by way of a share purchase plan ("SPP")
    which will open on 14 April 2009.

Under the offer, eligible shareholders, irrespective of the size of their
    shareholding, will be entitled to purchase between NZ $500 and $5,000 worth
    of ordinary shares in PLS at NZ $0.005c per share.

The funds raised will be used to fund the Company's working capital and
    continued product development.

This represents a 62.4% discount to the average market price of PLS shares
    for the 30 trading days during the period from 11 February 2009 to 24 March
    Last edited by robbo24; 27-03-2015 at 03:36 PM.

PS - it's different this time.

Guru

I assume it is transactions, or notifications, not customers.

In regards to the Japanese Android McDonalds app - It's probably worth noting that this is just Android (that 10 mil) and Android is always on LG and Samsung phones and they're both South Korean companies, and I don't know but I would imagine most have iPhones. I'd be interested to know how that immediate rollout in the US is going.

Half a billion customers is probably right by the way... they would be referring to how many 'devices' they have data recorded and stored on in Azure (what this company is all about) -- 500 mil could be that?
    And I just read that article and think that I am correct: "Parker says Vmob uses Microsoft's Azure cloud to service half a billion customers."

Membaa

Yes I'm pretty sure the reference to customers in that Herald article means, the customers of McDonalds (and the other big retailers and loyalty schemes VMob have signed up), ergo the customers of VMobs customers. Does that make sense?

My interpretation, and you have to suffer a bit of tech here, is that VMob use Microsoft Azure (a humungous cloud [internet accessible] database and compute platform) to 'attach' their customers CRM -Client Relationship Management database (containing the details of millions of the punters, of VMobs retailers (customers). They then link in other data sources about that punter, such as Facebook 'likes', in-app data-usage stats, weather data, traffic data, location/GPS data, etc etc, and use this combined data to 'personalise' and 'customise' the messaging and vouchers - to the punter (customers of the retailer), to incent the punters into the retailers premise (foot traffic), to redeem their vouchers, where the retailer also upsells and cross sells other products.

The 'app' per se is obviously important, but increasingly the retailers app, with it's loyalty schemes, already exists. VMob say "every one of the top 100 retailers in the USA already have an app" (compared to 40% a couple of years ago). So the smarts of VMob are less about convincing the retailer to develop a loyalty app, and more about the back-end Microsoft Azure big-data aggregation and analysis and it's integration with the existing loyalty app.

People download the app to their mobile phones. When they are prompted by the app (proximity to the retail store, or just as part of the loyalty program marketing) this drives increased volumes of punters (the customers of VMobs customer), into the retail store to redeem their vouchers (revenue to VMob), and the retailer upsells and cross sells more product = revenue+ to them, the customer of VMob.

So more likely the quote of 500 million 'customers' really means the punters of the customers of VMob, what it's really saying I think is, that VMob's Microsoft Azure platform has (or could, or will .. some ambiguity here) 'attached', or connected to 500 million punters data from the CRM's of their current customers. Let alone future customers.

Any which way, these are staggering numbers of people who buy stuff from VMobs customers. Assuming most of them have a mobile phone, if not all, it works like this: Vmobs customers apps are downloaded by the punters X gazillion times, and when VMobs software is implemented, the loyalty programmes of their customers are integrated with those apps and the net effect is that the app users (the punters) are more likely (by 7% reported so far) to walk into the retail store and redeem their voucher, and buy more.

Every voucher redemption is worth $0.10 to VMob + an implementation fee from the customer (the retailer).

So lets temper this a bit. The retailer will probably say "hey, we're already getting voucher redemptions, so why pay VMob for every redemption?" Good question? Why don't we look at the VMob revenue as being the 7% incremental redemption revenue at $0.10 per, over and above exiting redemption revenue, multiplied by the number of downloads, divided by the number of app users who redeem vouchers.

Trouble is we don't know the existing redemptions, or the total number of downloads, or the % of app users who already redeem vouchers = the assumptions.

Homework for the weekend maybe? Or we could watch the cricket world cup final or mow the lawns, or go for a spin on the motorbike. Choices choices.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    In regards to the Japanese Android McDonalds app - It's probably worth noting that this is just Android (that 10 mil) and Android is always on LG and Samsung phones and they're both South Korean companies, and I don't know but I would imagine most have iPhones. I'd be interested to know how that immediate rollout in the US is going.

Half a billion customers is probably right by the way... they would be referring to how many 'devices' they have data recorded and stored on in Azure (what this company is all about) -- 500 mil could be that?
    And I just read that article and think that I am correct: "Parker says Vmob uses Microsoft's Azure cloud to service half a billion customers."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    It says they have 10m-50m installs approx. Launched 19 March? 70k ratings

Can someone check my research.?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Good spotting SD, yes the downloads indeed look good, must mean they are well underway with deployment in Japan? most interesting was the fact 27,180 reviews were 5 star, and 40,000 in total 4 to 5 star. I note it was Ver 2.6.5 (2015.3.20) so obviously lot's of improvement continually ironing out any imperfections.

Bit suspicious of the low ratings, probably lots of baggers that want to lower the rating perhaps….or maybe not tech savvy enough to use it?

Who knows, but I also like Scotts comment on Facebook, "We've had a pretty good March" I know it was pertaining to the Microsoft awards….but hey I just liked reading it!

And yes, Wallace was banned…..not sure what that was about, Robbo is an advanced member after all?

As always, don't pay to much, what ever that will be…..DLOYOR (Do lot's of your own research)
    Last edited by Wallace D; 31-03-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: removed emotional response

On Schrodingers link if you see the translation of the notes there are a number of bug fixes regarding the internal clock. It is likely that a number of those 1 star reviews are due to those issues, as it would make the whole app ineffective. Unfortunately this is indicative of poor coding, which I presume is largely outsourced by vmob. A recent review states that the app puts a users phone into an error loop due to another bug. These are issues that are easy to fix, but indicate that users don't feel comfortable sharing their issues directly with the designers, and that serious pre-release testing may have been performed lightly.

Don't stress over the ratings. Do stress if you feel the company isn't putting their customers first. Skyscrapers need solid foundations.

P.S Wallace D what do you mean "Wallace was banned....." ?

Banned

Sommelier,

Wallace was banned for 24 hrs, after his third day of posting…..this doesn't show on an ongoing basis, only at the time of banning?

As far as the Mc Donalds app goes, you might like to check who built it, I think McD are responsible for their app, as are many of Vmob's clients, DYOR, I think VMob are building apps now, and have their new V-Express App ™, but as it say's on their website " The platform supports mobile apps for Global Clients using the latest Cloud Technology to run powerful algorithms" reference: Vmob home page, custom built apps logo at bottom.

Hope this helps.

Membaa

On the subject of the McDonalds App, some caution else we get ahead of ourselves and draw conclusions were the basis is not in fact. Bear in mind that McDonalds have had a retail loyalty App for quite some time, both Corporate version and In-Country versions. It will be relevant to this discussion at the point in time when VMob integrates with one or the other or both.

In order to realistically interpret, one needs to know:

- On what Apps has/will VMob integrate with - McDonalds Corporate and/or In-Country or both,
    - In what countries has/will VMob integrate with the corporate and/or in-country apps,
    - What date did/does the App(s) integrated with VMob go live,
    - On what devices/operating systems (Android, Win, iOS) is/was VMob integrated with,
    - At what version number, for each operating system

David.Inggs@Vmoblive.com is the Chief Technology Officer, he will know.