sharetrader
Page 96 of 689 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast

Thanks for finding the time to reply Wallace.

I don't know where you get this 'legend' / 'guru' stuff from. I am the cat's whiskers anyway. For some reason you keep calling yourself a 'newbie' but post more like a 'pro'

I have done my homework. (eg ....why don't you go look at the the 6mth NZX 50 comparison Charts for all of the NZX 50 companies……and let me know what you think of those? Bear Market started about the 1st week of February 2015 I reckon…..you read it here first!)

Wouldn't say a bear market (whatever they are anyway) started early Feb. If a bear market is when most prices are declining then maybe mid-March was the start. Must be contagious as the bear (if he is growling) has visited the NZAX as well with several stocks down quite a lot in that period.

Wallace, I am no more a legend (and far too modest ever to suggest it) than you are a 'Member'

Did I get a pass for my homework

The best part is that Wallace, in his recent posts, appears convinced that the Vmob share price is affected by winner69 and robbo24 (and others) posting on a forum.

Hate to say it Wallace the Member but in this case art imitates life. In other words, I am merely saying what the market seems to be thinking. The market isn't doing what I'm saying

I found this article quite interesting

Fun and games in the retail space

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...beacon-hacking

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wouldn't say a bear market (whatever they are anyway) started early Feb. If a bear market is when most prices are declining then maybe mid-March was the start. Must be contagious as the bear (if he is growling) has visited the NZAX as well with several stocks down quite a lot in that period.
    NZX50 doesn't look that bad off to me. Sad panda it's riding the lower bolly band at the moment but that RSI and stochastic suggest there is at least a bounce coming An escalator up/elevator down fail of the SMA200 might be a bit worrisome but hey therein lies value. Would be folly to be hoovering up just about anything at current prices if you truly believe equity markets are going to flop.

It's a shame VML will never be a constituent of the NZX50 - it would surely bring the bulls back to the index.
    Last edited by robbo24; 26-04-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Link to NZX50 chart

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    NZX50 doesn't look that bad off to me. Sad panda it's riding the lower bolly band at the moment but that RSI and stochastic suggest there is at least a bounce coming An escalator up/elevator down fail of the SMA200 might be a bit worrisome but hey therein lies value. Would be folly to be hoovering up just about anything at current prices if you truly believe equity markets are going to flop.

It's a shame VML will never be a constituent of the NZX50 - it would surely bring the bulls back to the index.
    Strangely I tend to agree with some of what you say robbo, zooming in on exactly the same chart http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/adv...false&state=11 you can see that the NZX50 has fallen below the bollinger which usually lasts only a few days before a reversal (up this time), which it started friday.

It's just silly to reverse the maxim of riding the staircase up and the elevator down, so not sure what you're trying to say there, are you just being contrite perhaps? The drop below the 50sma is only mildly concerning (I'd use an ema), though if it did go to the 200(ema) then that's more of a worry.

So the point that we might agree is that it's a shame VML isn't going to upshift to the NZX as that would bring attention to the company as it surely will with the ASX listing. Not quite sure what they're thinking there, except perhaps that even an NZX listing doesn't begin to approach the liquidity of an ASX listing. Do you thing they will move to the NZX in time? It would help the traders like you, having a lot more volume moving through. Or maybe you'd just move your attention to the ASX and not be concerned one way or the other about VML on the NZX?

Interested to hear how you see this from a traders perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    An escalator up/elevator down fail of the SMA200
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's just silly to reverse the maxim of riding the staircase up and the elevator down, so not sure what you're trying to say there, are you just being contrite perhaps?
    To aid your understanding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalator

Membaa

Henceforth we can attribute robbo for replacement of the word 'stairs' with 'escalator' in the time tested maxim, "The Market Takes The Stairs Up And The Elevator Down"

LOL

Membaa

Default 6 Myths around Beacon Security and Privacy

Getting into some tech stuff, this will likely bore the socks of people, but if you are at all interested in why Beacons aren't the bogey man, here's some material.

6 Myths around Beacon Security and Privacy http://blog.beaconstac.com/6-myths-a...y-and-privacy/
    • Myth 1: Beacons deliver contextual offers
    • Myth 2: Any beacon can be hacked easily
    • Myth 3: Beacons can collect information about users without their permission
    • Myth 4: UUID is used to protect valuable resources or assets
    • Myth 5: Beacons have access to information on latitude and longitude
    • Myth 6: Beacons allow mobile devices to learn about other nearby devices

If you're still interested, dive into some more details:
    iBeacon basics - How to iBeacons even work? http://blog.twocanoes.com/post/87202...-basics-how-do
    iBeacon Privacy and Security http://blog.twocanoes.com/post/87320...on-privacy-and

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I found this article quite interesting

Fun and games in the retail space

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...beacon-hacking