sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    Where do I find more information on this thanks Snoopy?
    I was going to point to the the relevant page in the Westpac annual report ENP. However, I can find no mention of NZ imputation credits in there!

I have held WBC on the NZ register for some time. I was (pleasantly) surprised when those NZ imputation credits came through in the dividend statements of July last year. I don't recall any explanation over why WBC suddenly decided to start paying them. They are highly profitable in NZ so they certainly would have always had the capacity to pay imputation credits in NZ if the will was there. I should note that the dividend was not fully imputed on this side of the Tasman. My dividend payment details in cents per share, are as follows:

Date, Dividend (cps), Franking Credit (cps), $NZ1= $A?, Imputation Credit (cps)

02/07/2012, 82, 35.1, 0.7833, 6.3
    10/12/2012, 84, 36.0, 0.7979, 6.3

6.3c (Australian, I made the conversion) does not compare well with 35.1c and 36c. Still it is better than nothing, which is what we get from most other Australian companies that operate in NZ!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7