sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Retail - the sector to be in

Maybe too late to get all the goodies but retail the sector to be invested in at the moment.

A lot of retail orientated companies in ANZ doing well performance wise .... TUA a great result today ..... JBH a boomer of a result and even NZ did OK for them ... and so it goes on

Shareprices of retailers have been beaten up .... so much so that over the last few months HVN has been one of the stars on the ASX ..... and today WOW reached a 5 year high

Just the beginning of the recovery cycle in a lot of these stocks .... just remember most have been beaten down to very cheap levels ... now the time to benefit from improved earnings boosted a rerating as well

Take note Percy .... retail is not dead

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe too late to get all the goodies but retail the sector to be invested in at the moment.A lot of retail orientated companies in ANZ doing well performance wise .... TUA a great result today ..... JBH a boomer of a result and even NZ did OK for them ... and so it goes onShareprices of retailers have been beaten up .... so much so that over the last few months HVN has been one of the stars on the ASX ..... and today WOW reached a 5 year highJust the beginning of the recovery cycle in a lot of these stocks .... just remember most have been beaten down to very cheap levels ... now the time to benefit from improved earnings boosted a rerating as wellTake note Percy .... retail is not dead
    I was watching TUA today 12c is an impressive move but on 26k shares traded....

percy

Maybe too late to get all the goodies but retail the sector to be invested in at the moment.

A lot of retail orientated companies in ANZ doing well performance wise .... TUA a great result today ..... JBH a boomer of a result and even NZ did OK for them ... and so it goes on

Shareprices of retailers have been beaten up .... so much so that over the last few months HVN has been one of the stars on the ASX ..... and today WOW reached a 5 year high

Just the beginning of the recovery cycle in a lot of these stocks .... just remember most have been beaten down to very cheap levels ... now the time to benefit from improved earnings boosted a rerating as well

Take note Percy .... retail is not dead
    Yeah Right !!!!
    TUA result great.Finacing the customers into cars and ongoing profits from that is where TUA are growing.
    JBHI Fi was not a great result.The 40% growth was in online sales.
    BGR steady result.Big growth was in online sales.
    Australian retail is still poor, with property owners revalueing malls down, as retailers unable to pay the high rents,because customers are either not buying,or buying online.
    The shops in malls still face all the problems I have gone on about for the last couple of years. Those problems have not gone away. The retail sector is still a very difficult area for an investor to do well in."Why take the risk?."

But the shard in retailers doing pretty well Percy

Even the dog of all dogs WHS did well today

percy

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    So invest only in TME then eh?
    I don't hold TME,however they are in the "massive growth" sector of on line sales.I don't really follow TME so would not like to say whether to buy or not.I do think Fairfax were wrong to sell.
    I hold shares in www.estaronline.com and you can read my views on Estar thread.

percy

But the shard in retailers doing pretty well Percy

Even the dog of all dogs WHS did well today
    Yeah Right.
    I am not keen on them.I wanted a winter black "puffer" jacket and a new summer shirt. KMD had the jacket reduced from $599 to $299Sorry too dear for me. Looked at Warehouse,Postie, and ended up buying from Halensteins dressmart shop.Jacket $49.99 shirt $14.99Did not think much of either Postie's or Warehouse's selection.

Just look at BGR for strength in retail!
    "Gold is money, everything else is credit"- J.P. Morgan

percy

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    As a long term investor in Hallenstein Glassons, (>100% return on the initial capital outlay - including dividends) I thank you very much for the business, Percy. Good on ya, mate!
    Well the help and service were excellent.A pleasure to shop there.As always their store was bright,well set out,with good flow.Their clothing is always good ,and great value for money.I did not try the shirt on,and was told to bring it back if it did not fit.
    Hallensteins and Briscoes are great retailers.Just hold onto your shares in HGL and don't read my anti retail posts.[Although HGL have a fair bit to say about malls overcharging them rent.!]

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well the help and service were excellent.A pleasure to shop there.As always their store was bright,well set out,with good flow.Their clothing is always good ,and great value for money.I did not try the shirt on,and was told to bring it back if it did not fit.
    Hallensteins and Briscoes are great retailers.Just hold onto your shares in HGL and don't read my anti retail posts.[Although HGL have a fair bit to say about malls overcharging them rent.!]
    I don't own any HLG but agree completely. Always great service and good product and reasonable prices.

I do own BGR and completely agree. Always good service and good product and reasonable prices (when on sale of course).

I would never go to WHS for clothing. Their range is poor and is terribly organised. Why struggle to find what you want when you can go another retailer capable of arranging the product in a customer friendly manner?

im in ppg and really dispeair as to their prospects , if I wasn't tied up with them id certainly be in bri and hlg for sure.
    nuts
    nuts