sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting comments-currently hold TUA & will continue to do so.Recently sold BGR as I think it may have had its run-some are expecting a special div I think.Trying to figure out whether PPL has growth over next couple of yrs-do hold some of these.Any thoughts?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Interesting comments-currently hold TUA & will continue to do so.Recently sold BGR as I think it may have had its run-some are expecting a special div I think.Trying to figure out whether PPL has growth over next couple of yrs-do hold some of these.Any thoughts?
    Just go down to your nearest PPL shop and see whether it looks good,feels good and is busy.I often walk past the one in Northlands Mall, Christchurch and it appears to be once again doing good business.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just go down to your nearest PPL shop and see whether it looks good,feels good and is busy.I often walk past the one in Northlands Mall, Christchurch and it appears to be once again doing good business.
    Yes,thanks-there is one near me.My thoughts are more about changes in Directors/mgt,withdrawal from US/UK,more focus on what will earn them money,on line sales etc.Are they going to return to NPAT $15m-$20m any time soon?
    I think they plan to pay a dividend this Yr.

KJ every PPL store I enter there is more staff than customers
    Possum The Cat

Possum you have never liked PPL so no surprises there.

In response to the title of this thread, and being a contrarian I would think now its not the best time to get into retails stocks.

1 year returns:

BGR +108%
    HLG +50%
    HBY +40%
    KMD+40%
    MHI +40%
    PPL +70%
    TME +50%
    RBD +50%
    WHS +20%
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Possum you have never liked PPL so no surprises there.

In response to the title of this thread, and being a contrarian I would think now its not the best time to get into retails stocks.

1 year returns:

BGR +108%
    HLG +50%
    HBY +40%
    KMD+40%
    MHI +40%
    PPL +70%
    TME +5
    RBD +50%
    WHS +20%

Amazing returns eh ......ESP when many have said retail is munted

A lot of Ozzie stocks have like returns ......even gerry's company

I did say maybe too late ..... But a bit of oomph in some of these yet .....but yes silver one must keep an eye on those charts

Does anyone have any thoughts on PPG (Postie Group) and their likely future prospects?
    Shepherd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on PPG (Postie Group) and their likely future prospects?
    There are a great number of Postie threads here on sharetrader,and a lot of comments.
    Future prospects? Challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Take a slightly bigger view and try this ... take chart of any you mention between the low point last recession (2001/2) and lay that low over 2009/10 and see how much more there is to go ...

But then - this time it is different ...
    Belg I am going to struggle to do that in the next hour, however tomorrow is another day. I am still in my PPL trade, but I am a 6-18 month investor, and strong runs only go on for so long.

Individual stocks may go on, and on, but when a sector rallies this strong and someone comes out with "Retail - the sector to be in", my alert goes off, and I watch my positions even closer.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~