sharetrader
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Hope Mad Butcher head office read this ...some franchisees are struggling I believe while the franchisor gets all the goodies

http://www.smh.com.au/business/retai...28-11vbpq.html

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope Mad Butcher head office read this ...some franchisees are struggling I believe while the franchisor gets all the goodies

http://www.smh.com.au/business/retai...28-11vbpq.html
    Winner69.Thanks for the link.
    Frightening article.So easy to see why people brought the franchises,Aussie's love their pies. Most would have borrowed against their homes to do so.
    They will most probably not only loose their income,but their home too.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Winner69.Thanks for the link.
    Frightening article.So easy to see why people brought the franchises,Aussie's love their pies. Most would have borrowed against their homes to do so.
    They will most probably not only loose their income,but their home too.
    Always a tough life being a franchisee - they generally borrow to set up and then take all the risks and pay the wages and rents and give the franchisor their cut and then hope enough to feed their own kids. All the time the franchisor generally doesn't lose.

Why I posted that article here is that i know of one Mad Butcher in that predicament and no doubt a few others. Veritas cannot afford to get greedy else they don't have a businesss.

percy

Always a tough life being a franchisee - they generally borrow to set up and then take all the risks and pay the wages and rents and give the franchisor their cut and then hope enough to feed their own kids. All the time the franchisor generally doesn't lose.

Why I posted that article here is that i know of one Mad Butcher in that predicament and no doubt a few others. Veritas cannot afford to get greedy else they don't have a businesss.
    Not only Veritas who should not get greedy,a number of landlords have unrealistic views on rent.
    As a side bar I note often people like WHS and even SCY develop their own stores,see what sort of rents the store can pay,then sell the development off showing the returns a property investor requires.
    The other problem is when someone like Pie Face comes next door to you, and pays huge rent.If you are unlucky and get caught with a rent revue before they go broke,your rent goes up to their level.After they have gone broke you are left trying to pay the inflated rent.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    a number of landlords have unrealistic views on rent.

Correct percy..
    Have personal experience with that scene.. 9 years a 3x3x3 lease at a fair price.. With fair increases..
    Owner sold.
    Enter a genuine Oyeh Vey Shylock.. ( Lawyer ). Asking a 40% increase..
    I moved..
    There followed a succession of tenants.. With the building being on the market at 50% above original sum paid..

Greed knows no bounds.. !!..

Must get some more HNZ :-))))

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post

Can someone find me another stock on an annualised pe = 6.75 and and div yield = 9.6?
    No one replied? Must be the best value stock on the NZX then
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Advanced Member

For how long :-)))

I think that was the main theme ..

percy

Yeah Right.!
    Must be in that case.!!!!

A grand total of zero Mad Butcher stores closed during 2014
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

A grand total of zero Mad Butcher stores closed during 2014
    I didn't say broke .... just not making a decent living after paying the bills and the interest on the loans. He reckons the franchisor has made out of him than he has made himself ..... and his hourly rate is less than $10 an hour

Maybe there will be some casualties in 2015

But never mind as long as those butchers keep selling meat you as a shareholder can't lose eh .... that's why VIL best investment on the NZX

Maybe the odd one in 2015 then