sharetrader
Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes it sure is. Bottom line as we've discussed before, they overpaid for the Better Bar Company
    Nosh was a basket case too and from discussions with those in the M&A industry, no one would touch them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    I find a bit of the opposite. Have found the quality of the meat is pretty sub par, lucky that there are some excellent local butchers who provide good quality cuts at a similar price. Be aware that the pork that the mad butcher chain supplies does not come from NZ farms.
    I didn't say I buy from them...its because of MB, the prices are reasonable, otherwise supermarkets etc would be charging higher prices if no competition

Guru

The Chart suggests the 7th November acquisitions announcement resulting in a knee jerk upward swing was a good time for some powerful players to get out.

Since then, we had a 1/2 yr announcement which included these new acquisitions effecting the forecast and Mr Market has and continues to show it's displeasure to VIL

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...&ref=nzhbiz_tw

"I'm extremely disappointed with the share price performance because it's not driven off any good fundamentals. A lot of the reason the share price has come back has been stories in the NBR and that type of thing." - Acting chairman Tim Cook
    Most of those things have been said here on Sharetrader

Shareholders of VIL should be proud of their company defending themselves this. The shareholders should not be worried as long as VIL keep screwing the franchises they will be doing OK. Three bates and othe allowances keep rolling in,even if the poor operator has to sell meat at loss.

All risk with the operators - VIL just take their cut - shareholders win.

As long as most of the stores survive it's all honky dory.

Mean cruel world sometimes
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Maybe govt should prerequisite foreign home buyers to buy MB franchise first, boy that will have great turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The Chart suggests the 7th November acquisitions announcement resulting in a knee jerk upward swing was a good time for some powerful players to get out.

Since then, we had a 1/2 yr announcement which included these new acquisitions effecting the forecast and Mr Market has and continues to show it's displeasure to VIL

Ugliest chart I've seen for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Ugliest chart I've seen for ages.
    Even more ugly is the exChairman selling shares after stating that he was a buyer! He did buy 5,000 shares in 2015 to show his confidence but sold 122,500 shares. He also mentioned a share buyback in Nov 2014 AGM as shares were undervalued. Have to take careful note of this type of directors and management behavior. Contrast with THL and SCL where directors and management simply buy and let their buying speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-07-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Banned

https://www.nzx.com/companies/VIL/announcements/269241

Second half dividend 1.066 cps down over 60% from the interim at 2.7cps, even though they added a cash generating business. Prudent or short of cash ? More analysis when the Annual Report is out, me thinks to see what the drag is.
    Last edited by Plutus; 28-08-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/VIL/announcements/269241

Second half dividend 1.066 cps down over 60% from the interim at 2.7cps, even though they added a cash generating business. Prudent or short of cash ? More analysis when the Annual Report is out, me thinks to see what the drag is.
    Its now a very highly leveraged business earning less money that before. People should take note of Balance's post #239 above and draw their own conclusions about that sort of director behaviour.

Obviously wasnt paying attention but they seemed to pay an awful lot for hose bars

And $40m debt seems horrendous

Note the Mad Butcher stores they own (classified as assets for sale) lost money ....wonder how they convince a butcher to borrow heaps and buy his own personal store
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”