sharetrader
Page 19 of 212 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Advanced Member

Thought I should give this a bump after the husband of a friend told me how much he loves using Serko for his travel (and he travels a LOT for business) but the share price at nearly 50% of its IPO price. We are getting very little with regards to forecasts so I assume they are still in place based on their FY16 presentation. Just unloved or is this coy not telling us how they are going so far?

Advanced Member

Thanks Silu....good feedback, I had not heard of anyone who was using it. I have a modest no. of shares....buggar. I am thinking the only way out is for someone to buy them outright. So for that reason I am sitting on a nasty loss with my fingers crossed.

Part of my education.

Cheers
    RTM

Not a great market update from Serko is it. After the WYN failure, they obviously felt compelled to update the market early, especially since their SP has been dropping rapidly recently. Unfortunately it has back-fired and the SP crashed another 15% today.

They continue to move the goal post and under-deliver at every trading update. In the AGM in August they re-iterated their break even date: "Serko maintains our previous guidance to achieve monthly break even and positive cash flow by the end of FY17" and now they have changed it without mention of the previous guidance: "The Serko Board expects to achieve break-even early in the 2018 financial year (FY18)". I've lost count at the number of times they moved this date.

Then they tweet "Market update for the first half of FY17. Everything on track and in line with expectations. https://goo.gl/KkDEjX". Do they think share holders are stupid?

I just hope FY18 is finally the turning point with the Sabre deal, their SME product, and the increased revenue per booking. However given their track record, I've lost a lot of confidence in this company to execute.
    Last edited by Thor; 26-10-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Advanced Member

My worst performing share in my whole portfolio. Kept it as feedback from users (as above) was great but in hindsight I should have just sold them at a loss and moved on. No wonder the "normal" Kiwi doesn't like investing in the sharemarket with IPO's like these.

I suppose an increase of 37.93% on the week must count for somthing, although admittedly on very very thin trading.
    Perhaps a few of the broker picks for the year may have started some movement.

Quote Originally Posted by 100101 View Post
    I suppose an increase of 37.93% on the week must count for somthing, although admittedly on very very thin trading.
    Perhaps a few of the broker picks for the year may have started some movement.
    As Warren Buffett famously said "In the short term the market is a popularity contest; in the long term it is a weighing machine."

The trick is to figure out whether Serko will do a Diligent or a Wynyard.

I am in the former camp but wait for confirmation that they are really starting to deliver on expectations before going in - been one disappointment too many so far. Just as there was with diligent initially.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-01-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Advanced Member

FY announcement happening tomorrow Tuesday 23rd. Cautiously optimistic.

Advanced Member

Slightly better than expected. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11861356
    Still way in the red but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Slightly better than expected. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11861356
    Still way in the red but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
    Charging ahead now.

Nearly 100% up on 3 months ago, and going up on decent buying interest.

Advanced Member

Still holding and I even picked up a few more at 35c on the way up. Current SP 60c which is still under the IPO price of $1.10 but perversely it may still be the best performer of the most recent tech IPOs?