sharetrader
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    From page 30 onwards is correspondence between Nicholas Clarke and various people via email.
    Ha thanks I missed this the first time around when I just browsed through. Seems mild mannered for an Aussie Maybe I'm one-sided here and a little blind but I can understand why Nick Clark wanted to whip some a** between 2013-2014 trying to get the product to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Ha thanks I missed this the first time around when I just browsed through. Seems mild mannered for an Aussie Maybe I'm one-sided here and a little blind but I can understand why Nick Clark wanted to whip some a** between 2013-2014 trying to get the product to the market.
    Same really. He had been put in by Rezos to do a job. Suspect, as is often the case, that the business wasn't quite in the shape he had expected or been led to believe, so he rolled his sleeves up and got on with it. He is well incentivised to get results. Could just be my confirmation bias at work again though.

IMO

Bias alright dropping acceptable behaviour in the pursuit of money; a very ugly side of business; unnecessary and unprofessional ,offensive and bullying let alone befitting of his position, leading a company.. If you think thats an ok standard for management to set that says a lot about your own morals.Lead by example; yeah right.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Bias alright dropping acceptable behaviour in the pursuit of money; a very ugly side of business; unnecessary and unprofessional ,offensive and bullying let alone befitting of his position, leading a company.. If you think thats an ok standard for management to set that says a lot about your own morals.Lead by example; yeah right.
    I have no idea what's going on at CEO level. I'm way too mild mannered to be in that echelon. I'm just going by what I see on American telly like Mr Robot or The Good Wife
    Last edited by silu; 08-09-2016 at 10:58 AM.

IMO

So, you say you are as mild mannered as you say Nick Clark is, pretty weird silu.

Advanced Member

So, you say you are as mild mannered as you say Nick Clark is, pretty weird silu.
    I'm in no way defending him in any way and I certainly don't like the use of profanity in business communication. As long as the share price is heading in the right direction I don't really care.

IMO

What do you care about silu, sincere question, besides money. Does money really rule ahead of decency, human values and accepted behaviour?

Advanced Member

What do you care about silu, sincere question, besides money. Does money really rule ahead of decency, human values and accepted behaviour?
    This is quite a complex question and probably something better to be talked over a beer instead of this forum. I'm not driven by money but by living in harmony with the planet and its inhabitants. I hate avoidable confrontations and generally look for the path of least resistance. However as a realist I understand that many successful people are bullies and do not adher to my philosophies.

I probably should read the e-mails a little closer as you have taken a different view from them as me or I indeed have misunderstood them. I don't want you to think that I'm in any way some heartless bastard who accepts this kind of behaviour.

No I don't condone the method JT, far from it. But it hasn't made me rush for the door either...just added a checkmark against the negative side of the ledger. Apologies if my post appeared glib. One of the more prolific posters on HC had alluded to NC's temperament and style in the past, but this is the first time I have seen hard evidence of it. Would he regret it in hindsight? I doubt it. My experience is that these sorts of characters just choose to play in a very hard nosed manner. Plus the business is in considerably better shape now than it was then. i.e. generating revenue instead of having to rely on grants to pay salaries. Question for you...are you still in, and if so will you still consider extending your holding given what you have read via the court docs?

IMO

Fair enough , cheers.Int that the link got removed from H/C ; be regret there alright from n/c;that it was aired.I got in early , was free carried , multi bagged sold most and hold only a small holding now. Ive never liked the ramping/spin style, multiple announcements etc of management and certain posters on H/C who claim to be close to management; its always been a discomfort to me even more so now.There has been big Bulldust smell about it. And there has been doubt whether they really can t/o $18 mill with the s/p trailing down as it has. With the preliminary FY out the s/p has stopped sliding atm. as it does finally appear to be proving itself up with sales.

Their product has had a win/win/no brainer ( I'm always wary when i hear that word) lustre to it esp with the environmental and fire protection attributes which I've been enthusiastic about.So I'm a reluctant holder atp. Amongst my friends really into shares there is only one who is a holder;the others Bulldust detectors have kept them out atp. My conviction to double up is less now. its weighing up investing with some boundaries for me.Easy decision for me to choose not to invest in coal, tobacco, gambling, weapons stocks etc or management with dubious characters/records etc.