sharetrader
Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
    IMO

Lake Taupo is full as a bull, in fact nearly overfull with erosion happening.Bodes well for generation this summer.How are other catchments doing. similar or low or?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    om mani peme hum

I am always buying and selling MCY. It appaers to me that overseas investors hold these as a safety stop gap/currency fluctuation hedge, which increases the voloatility at certain times. But the solar transformation is interesting. I looked a solar at home but the payback period was too long. However I was talking to soeone in the know. It would appear that the pylons across the North and South Island are having particular problems due to rust. The galvanising either was not of a tough enoug spec or shoddy work. But what it means the costs of repair and replace will soon be astronomical. As mentioned above all of these costs are ultimately recovered from the consumer, which means that power prices will be set to rise, making solar more competitive. Meaning less demand for electricity, making it more expensive due to large overheads, and thus starts a chain reaction. Just where will the MCY and GNE be then?

I am always buying and selling MCY. It appears to me that overseas investors hold these as a safety stop gap/currency fluctuation hedge, which increases the volatility at certain times. But the solar transformation is interesting. I looked a solar at home but the payback period was too long. However I was talking to someone in the know. It would appear that the pylons across the North and South Island are having particular problems due to rust. The galvanising either was not of a tough enoug spec or shoddy work. But what it means the costs of repair and replace will soon be astronomical. As mentioned above all of these costs are ultimately recovered from the consumer, which means that power prices will be set to rise, making solar more competitive. Meaning less demand for electricity, making it more expensive due to large overheads, and thus starts a chain reaction. Just where will the MCY and GNE be then?<br><br>

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile All you need to know in two sentences

Half year is out

Small increase in everything that matters and 5.8c full imputed dividend.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Good solid result GNE Thursday to come!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Good solid result GNE Thursday to come!
    You typed Thursday but you were thinking of Tuesday.

IMO

So putting Jantars clues together the mighty waikato is where its at spinning out a bounty of power to flog off for a higher margin; with this the 2nd guidance upgrade. Got to be built into the s/p already ehh?
    FY2017 EBITDAF guidance lifted to $520 million

IMO

No comments?. Fish the only one buying this story?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No comments?. Fish the only one buying this story?
    Fish doesnt really know but feels the story is only just starting-its too late in this financial year to have a big impact on profit.
    The story may really begin next financial year if we continue to see SI droughts and heavy NI rain.
    Hydro and geothermal beats indonesian coal any day so sold out of GEN and bought mercury and more CEN(to balance risks and get a 16 cent divi soon)