sharetrader
Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Quite possibly its the small investors who were waiting for the Bonus Shares before they sold. Hence, now, a bit of a rush. But MRP seems ok as an income hold to me.
    That would only explain a drop of 4% though.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    That would only explain a drop of 4% though.
    My guess which isn't worth much is that prior to the bonus share allocation some traders were selling out in expectation that some Mums & Dads would sell down after receiving the bonus shares and that they were right.
    I don't know of anything fundamental that has changed. Maybe Elon Musks new battery making solar power more viable. I see in the paper that Vector was getting excited about it.
    People will follow a trend and I guess it’s down for now. I’m holding but on no other basis than at IPO at $2.50 a share I was getting a 6-7% gross yield and I don’t think that’s changed.

I'm no expert and have sat back for the last couple of years reading posts and learning from those in the know. It has been very informative so thank you all for that.

Not that its much consolation I kept 2/3rds of my holdings in MRP (sold 1/3 when the price was higher) and looking at buying back in with replacing the ones sold when the trend turns around. I dont understand why they have been sold off as much as they have and to me with the returns and energy use increasing year on year and whats shaping up to be a cold winter its a reasonably solid performer worth keeping tucked away.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I'm no expert and have sat back for the last couple of years reading posts and learning from those in the know. It has been very informative so thank you all for that.

Not that its much consolation I kept 2/3rds of my holdings in MRP (sold 1/3 when the price was higher) and looking at buying back in with replacing the ones sold when the trend turns around. I dont understand why they have been sold off as much as they have and to me with the returns and energy use increasing year on year and whats shaping up to be a cold winter its a reasonably solid performer worth keeping tucked away.
    The market knew there would be some price weakness as people who had held for two years got their bonus shares and sold.
    So if you were looking to buy, you would wait until the price settles after the bonus shares selloff.

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    The market knew there would be some price weakness as people who had held for two years got their bonus shares and sold.
    So if you were looking to buy, you would wait until the price settles after the bonus shares selloff.
    Yep and I was expecting some weakness too, not to the degree it has or I would have sold more than 1/3.

And yes, I will be waiting until the sell off settles thanks

Guru

Retail investors still selling out?

Don't know why the share price is continuing to decrease, is it really that bad that winter is here? I thought this would have helped, not caused another 10% of market cap to get wiped out...

Hopefully reserve bank will cut interest rates tomorrow... that would surely give a welcome boost

I was planning to buy back in when the sell off settles and each day find myself wondering how much lower it could go....

Missed by that much

I think the entire electricity sector is on a downward path until the Tiwai decision is known.

IMO

Agree.Opportunity to top up on the uncertainty if one believes in a positive Tiwai future.

Guru

Surely with an interest rate cut (and signs of more to come apparently) people will pour back into the electricity sector and stop the 'senseless selloff'