sharetrader
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Good comment Trackers, there have been too many others. Feltex etc.
    Reminded me of Feltex straight away as well!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Well my valuation of 20 cents per share was too high. I really am an incurable optimist!
    With 393 stores it is going to take more than an "incurable optimist" to sort out the mess.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this, but from the little I've read about DSE, the PE guys should be going to jail IMHO (after being stripped of their assets!)

I haven't really followed it, but my understanding is they bought the company, stripped all the inventory and listed it with things looking good on the balance sheet etc, hiding the fact they'd destroyed inventory levels. Then forked it off for a huge sum, IMHO effectively stealing from uninformed investors.

Perhaps investors are to blame but I really think this practice needs to be stopped, perhaps via independent auditors who are held financially liable for anything they miss who in turn can charge the PE firms appropriate large fees.

It's a con and it should be illegal.

Disc; dont hold, never have, so not a sour/burnt holder, just think it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this, but from the little I've read about DSE, the PE guys should be going to jail IMHO (after being stripped of their assets!)

I haven't really followed it, but my understanding is they bought the company, stripped all the inventory and listed it with things looking good on the balance sheet etc, hiding the fact they'd destroyed inventory levels. Then forked it off for a huge sum, IMHO effectively stealing from uninformed investors.

Perhaps investors are to blame but I really think this practice needs to be stopped, perhaps via independent auditors who are held financially liable for anything they miss who in turn can charge the PE firms appropriate large fees.

NBT, nobody was forced to buy DSH shares

As stated in the article linked -

It was the market, not Anchorage, which was at fault for not properly analysing and appreciating the implications of the way the business had been restructured ahead of the IPO. The sense of being ripped off, however, will make the market very distrustful of anything Anchorage might try to float in future.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...king-implosion
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NBT, nobody was forced to buy DSH shares

As stated in the article linked -

It was the market, not Anchorage, which was at fault for not properly analysing and appreciating the implications of the way the business had been restructured ahead of the IPO. The sense of being ripped off, however, will make the market very distrustful of anything Anchorage might try to float in future.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...king-implosion
    True, nobody was forced to. But those that did probably did so in good faith and should be able to do so, IMHO.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Well my valuation of 20 cents per share was too high. I really am an incurable optimist!
    Sorry to see you have a incurable condition SD..Maybe 2016 may fix your ailment

Looking for reasons why DSE is in the position it's in....
    Most Posters a month or too ago.. SD Winner Percy etc seemed to have nailed it...Its a Marketing thing..you have to stock products that people want..you have to establish a realistic market position within the Retail Market..

Not sure what I mean???...then look at these websites Pricespy and PriceMe.... look at their hot selling products data and where the best places to buy them ..Then tell me why is DSE not among the likes of the Noel Leemings, JBHiFi's, PB tech, Warehouse, etc....Eh??

I would blame DSE Product Managers and other DSE management long before I'd send a lynch mob towards the Private Equity Outfits who are just today's fashionable whipping boys...

Of interest ...Data from Pricespy and PriceMe shows JBH has stocked out of some of their hot selling products..and their shareprice is looking healthy.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post

It is wrong.
    Very wrong.
    Although the PE guys may have acted within the law,they remain morally bankrupt.
    Lesson learnt;never buy anything off a PE firm.!
    Luckily for us ST posters picked up the "stitch up" and saved other STders from losing their money.
    Last edited by percy; 05-01-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

Most Posters a month or too ago.. SD Winner Percy etc seemed to have nailed it...Its a Marketing thing..you have to stock products that people want..you have to establish a realistic market position within the Retail Market..

Not sure what I mean???...then look at these websites Pricespy and PriceMe.... look at their hot selling products data and where the best places to buy them ..Then tell me why is DSE not among the likes of the Noel Leemings, JBHiFi's, PB tech, Warehouse, etc....Eh??

I would blame DSE Product Managers and other DSE management long before I'd send a lynch mob towards the Private Equity Outfits who are just today's fashionable whipping boys...

Of interest ...Data from Pricespy and PriceMe shows JBH has stocked out of some of their hot selling products..and their shareprice is looking healthy.
    Thankful we have sharetrader.co.nz
    h2

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

I have only read one article on this which I can no longer find. It alluded to the fact staff/management at DSE were hamstrung by the PE boys as to what they could buy etc, which if true does make them liable.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It is wrong.
    Very wrong.
    Although the PE guys may have acted within the law,they remain morally bankrupt.
    Lesson learnt;never buy anything off a PE firm.!
    Luckily for us ST posters picked up the "stitch up" and saved other STders from losing their money.
    My thoughts exactly.

This obviously isn't the first time this type of thing has happened. It should be illegal.