sharetrader
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Since starting this thread last December I still haven't converted, but at least the rate is going in the right direction.

Any thoughts on where it could go from here with the ASX looking set for a correction? Thinking I might bring 10% to 20% back around now as a sort of risk mitigation, but may very well end up living in Oz at some stage 2-3 years or more down the track. Thinking out loud I guess if it's gonna be that far down the track I'm better off bring it back and paying off a chunk of the mortgage.

Banned

As the saying goes, don't fight the Fed. RBNZ being the equivalent, with even the PM chiming in, should be a good indication of what this FX rate will do. Add the fact that interest rares may not go up at all in 2015 in Kiwiland, along with a huge knock to dairy prices and a rebuild going slow at best and we have a perfect storm for a big fall. On the other side, China will likely have a "soft landing" (as we all know how they live contril over there...) and I don't believe the commodities market can implode much more than it already has. From what I hear, the Oz economy definitely is not all doom and gloom today. Seems to be pricing it in these days though.

I'd say reassess in 3-6 months.

"You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish"
    Last edited by BFG; 11-10-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Banned

Downtrend line still in place after bounce lower off 91 early in the week. Expecting next leg down to .8750 - .8700 area along trend channel line over next few weeks.

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Downtrend line still in place after bounce lower off 91 early in the week. Expecting next leg down to .8750 - .8700 area along trend channel line over next few weeks.
    BFG, could you post your chart up? Many thanks, C.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    BFG, could you post your chart up? Many thanks, C.
    Currently away from home so may take a few days. I have a few I can chuck up.

Corporate

What is the general feeling - are we forming a base around 0.89 or is the downtrend likely to continue...

Attachment 6420

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    What is the general feeling - are we forming a base around 0.89 or is the downtrend likely to continue...

Attachment 6420
    We've got a nice little descending triangle forming. Bearish signal, and time of reckoning is coming soon it looks like!

Fingers crossed for a break southward towards the mid 80's .....

Milk prices Vs Iron ore ?
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Aussie inking a massive free trade deal with China as we speak. News out tomorrow. I'm banking on the final end of 90s accordingly

Seems to be going the other way with the AUD getting weaker?