sharetrader
Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Yeah a bit odd, I heard a guy being interviewed on National Radio, maybe it was just a view.

Nice move overnight, very happy with the posi! ;-)
    I can see the Kiwi at some point getting on a slippery slope & moving substantially against the Aussie.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Kiwi strengthening again on the cross. I'm accumulating AUD here, been a great trade to date. I have the feeling the RBNZ may have been intervening on the cross, but its just a guess. I can't imagine they see this kind of strength as a good thing.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

As expected Aussie retail sales came in better than expected & the Aussie got a good boost & saw the cross back to 1.0350.
    Happy days & took profit.
    Will look again to re-enter once things quieten down.

Should have held on as missed most of the run. Doh
    Was short Aussie overnight on the highs though, so that paid well in compensation. ;-)

NZD still creeping up. They say a new all time high was reached over the weekend.

That parity to AUD getting ever so closer.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZD still creeping up. They say a new all time high was reached over the weekend.

That parity to AUD getting ever so closer.
    Yep sure is and there's some interesting disparities opening up in the vehicle market between the two countries.
    For instance some of you will have seen Hyundai heavily promoting their new Genesis luxury car which is priced here at $99,990 fully loaded with options as the importer has decided Kiwi's are too dumb to decide for themselves whether they need the extra option packs. Meanwhile over in Australia the distributor has taken a different view and the Genesis is available from $A60,000, already very well specified and there are two options packs to chose from if you really want to go ballistic..but the $60K price includes spec that makes it a very well specified vehicle by most people's standards.

Whether any Hyundai is really a true luxury car or worth $100K here is an open question in my opinion so this is just an illustration of some of the many opportunities. see www.carsales.com.au and sort more for yourself.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-03-2015 at 06:51 PM.

El Toro~

Great time to be topping up my ASX holdings

Goodness gracious well into the 98s .....essentially parity

BFG must be hurting. Where is BFG when we need him for further guidance

Westpac will now only give you NZ$1 for each AU$1 you sell them via a telegraphic transfer in a retail transaction according to their online tools

Ha ha

Probably a dumb question, but why does the market seem to be ignoring all the poor results coming out of the GlobalDairyTrade auctions? Overnight there was a 10.8 drop in global dairy prices, yet the NZD hasn't moved. Reading about the NZD and AUD reaching parity, one of the factors mentioned in the performance of the AU economy was the bottom had dropped out of iron ore prices. Yet NZ's "iron ore" doing poorly doesn't seem to have any effect.