sharetrader
Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Despite the 27th July not being here just I am prepared to concede that we wont see $28.00 , however we did see $28.xx
    It went very close though, peat!

Today's "relief from capital-raising" rally has seen the shareprice in Aus up 4%! As usual, markets have done their over-reaction thing, IMO - but I'm not complaining!

Will it be three days in a row for jumbo increases? Hope so, like to head into the weekend on a high.

I was reading in the SMH and someone said there could be the use of improved DRP to keep more capital in the company. So if you elect into the DRP you get a bigger discount on the shares you pick up to avoid paying these funds out to increase the capital held. I'd love this but I'm not sure my understanding is correct? Happy holder and DRP participant in any regards

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I was reading in the SMH and someone said there could be the use of improved DRP to keep more capital in the company. So if you elect into the DRP you get a bigger discount on the shares you pick up to avoid paying these funds out to increase the capital held. I'd love this but I'm not sure my understanding is correct? Happy holder and DRP participant in any regards
    The thinking here is that the banks won't need to raise additional capital through share issues but will be able to gradually increase levels, in line with gradually rising required ratios, through retained profits and DRP's, if necessary by offering discounts on the DRP price. Most DRP plans allow directors some discretion to apply, and to vary, such a discount at their discretion.

UDC sale unlikely now

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...300/272218.pdf

Probably can't blame Jacinda
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    UDC sale unlikely now

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...300/272218.pdf

Probably can't blame Jacinda
    Only to the extent that the OIO is now under notice to take a more thorough look at such applications. From ANZ's viewpoint it's more of an irritant to their programme to divest activities outside their core interests. I note that it doesn't impact on the planned $1.5b share buyback.

Now I need someone much smarter than me to help out - not exactly a high hurdle I am adding here haha

Now lets say I get $1,000 ANZ dividend from my NZX listed ANZ share and I am a NZ tax resident. I effectively lose the franking credit (I'm assuming this is Australian term for Imputation credit). Is there a way to make use of this? Anyone got a work around tax wise? Can i sell the NZX share and buy ASX and get any advantage by being non resident in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Now I need someone much smarter than me to help out - not exactly a high hurdle I am adding here haha

Now lets say I get $1,000 ANZ dividend from my NZX listed ANZ share and I am a NZ tax resident. I effectively lose the franking credit (I'm assuming this is Australian term for Imputation credit). Is there a way to make use of this? Anyone got a work around tax wise? Can i sell the NZX share and buy ASX and get any advantage by being non resident in Australia?

You might want to get proper tax advise if you're unsure, but generally if you are a NZ tax payer, you can only use the partial imputation credit in your tax return.

* it makes zero difference if you hold on the ASX or NZX

Thanks mate - I've got an appointment with my accountant to go over everything so this will be added into the mix

Kind of old news, but ANZ returning capital from recent asset sales via share buy back program. Looks to be the best option from a NZ tax perspective, rather than say a special dividend where you would not get full imputation.

https://thewest.com.au/business/bank...-ng-b88693605z