sharetrader
Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Statement to shareholders https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/258875.pdf

ends with

ANZ is well positioned to continue delivering for shareholders and all our other stakeholders.
    Sounds like..."keep calm and bank on"

Veteran novice

Statement to shareholders https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/258875.pdf

ends with

ANZ is well positioned to continue delivering for shareholders and all our other stakeholders.
    "Well positioned". Does percy write these for ANZ?

Thursday 27th July
    I think it could be ahead of schedule. I am waiting to buy when it does hit $28

Anyone know the key dates for the DRP?

Never-mind..

"The Acquisition Price used in determining the number of shares to be provided under the DRP and BOP in connection with the 2017 Interim Dividend is the arithmetic average of the daily volume weighted average sale price of all fully paid ANZ ordinary shares sold on the ASX during the ten trading days commencing 12 May 2017, and then rounded to the nearest whole cent but if the fraction is one half of a cent the amount is to be rounded down to the nearest whole cent. In order to be effective, election notices from ordinary shareholders wanting to commence, cease or vary their participation in the DRP or BOP for the 2017 Interim Dividend must be received by ANZ's Share Registrar by 5.00 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on 10 May 2017."

Pay date Record date Dividend (AUD) Australian Franking level NZ Imputation
    Credits per
    Ordinary Share
    (NZD)[1]
    DRP price
    (AUD)
    03/07/2017 09/05/2017 80¢ Fully franked @ 30% NZ 9 cents $28.80
    Last edited by huxley; 29-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    I think it could be ahead of schedule. I am waiting to buy when it does hit $28
    yes the train is certainly moving quickly to the destination

personally, I would wait for a reversal pattern but thats FA vs TA for ya!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Never-mind..

"The Acquisition Price used in determining the number of shares to be provided under the DRP and BOP in connection with the 2017 Interim Dividend is the arithmetic average of the daily volume weighted average sale price of all fully paid ANZ ordinary shares sold on the ASX during the ten trading days commencing 12 May 2017, and then rounded to the nearest whole cent but if the fraction is one half of a cent the amount is to be rounded down to the nearest whole cent. In order to be effective, election notices from ordinary shareholders wanting to commence, cease or vary their participation in the DRP or BOP for the 2017 Interim Dividend must be received by ANZ's Share Registrar by 5.00 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on 10 May 2017."

Pay date Record date Dividend (AUD) Australian Franking level NZ Imputation
    Credits per
    Ordinary Share
    (NZD)[1]
    DRP price
    (AUD)
    03/07/2017 09/05/2017 80¢ Fully franked @ 30% NZ 9 cents $28.80
    It would be much appreciated if you could explain the best ways for a potential nz investor to buy into ANZ.
    I am totally ignorant but am considering buying-would be my first venture into an overseas company and am hesitant because I perceive the lack of imputation credits disadvantage NZ investors

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    It would be much appreciated if you could explain the best ways for a potential nz investor to buy into ANZ.
    I am totally ignorant but am considering buying-would be my first venture into an overseas company and am hesitant because I perceive the lack of imputation credits disadvantage NZ investors
    You are right - while ANZ offers some imputation credits (for their NZ earnings), it is just crumbs compared to many other NZ based business.

However - at the end it is the bottom line which counts, and if you get the timing right, than ANZ can be a nice little earner. However - not really a hold and forget share.

Easiest way to buy them in NZ is on the NZX - they are the same shares as the Australian ones ... Only disadvantage I see (compared to ASX) - lower volumes (i.e. if you want to sell them really fast (and others want that, too), than the NZX might be a less suitable place.

Discl: don't hold at current.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I said to a colleague the other day, "we"ll see 28"
    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    So when do you think that will be, peat?

(ANZ at $31.60 today.)

Thursday 27th July

Despite the 27th July not being here just I am prepared to concede that we wont see $28.00 , however we did see $28.xx
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Happy it looks like I won't have to stump up cash as part of some capital raise. I don't have the cash at the moment!