sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Member

damn, kicking myself for not getting in on this. nice going Steve! hoping for a lull in news and a dip back to low 20s..

Strong volume going through already! Looks like it'll surpass 30 cents today!! Already reached an intraday high of 30 cents

Long Member

bit of a sell off the past couple weeks, it just hit 18c, down 21% today. Looks to be a bit more than just the change in biotech sentiment likely driving this?

Discl: still cautiously considering an entry

This one is looking really good at the moment. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence that MIS416 is effective (a big one for me is that around 80% of the cuerrent trial patients have requested that they continue with the treatment after the trial is over -- on top of 7 years' worth of Dr and patient feedback through the compassionate use programme in NZ). Very strong price and volume action since April, now sitting at 67c. Their August presentation gives a pretty good rundown on where they're at and what they think is ahead (and is also quite frank about the binary nature of holding IIL through to trial results). The next few months leading up to trial results mid 2017 will be very interesting (they mention that there are a number of big pharma companies watching IIL closely). From the presentation (at http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2016080...l7tr6pk5.pdf):

ASX:IIL - Investment thesis

• IIL’s lead drug candidate MIS416 will complete a double blinded
    placebo controlled Phase 2B trial for secondary progressive
    multiple sclerosis (SPMS) in April 2017
    • There is already strong evidence of safety and likely efficacy from
    prior trials and a unique 7 year ‘compassionate use’ programme
    • There are no drugs currently approved for the safe ongoing
    treatment of SPMS
    • This unmet medical need could equate to a potential worldwide
    annual market of at least US$7.5B or more
    • Many large drug companies are following IIL very closely
    • IIL expects trial outcomes and a pharma transaction in H2/2017
    Last edited by OutToLunch; 18-10-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Add link

All i can say is steve is a bloody legend, took a punt and it is currently at 1.535. IIL is all over the news right now due to tom price... TOP 20 hold 52%, shares just getting soaked up

percy

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    All i can say is steve is a bloody legend, took a punt and it is currently at 1.535. IIL is all over the news right now due to tom price... TOP 20 hold 52%, shares just getting soaked up
    Well done.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    He is an amazing stock picker, I just never had the balls to ride through the ups and downs of his picks, stop losses would always get hit. For example, start at 30c, all the way down to 10c, and then up to $1.50. Could never time it/keep holding through the dips.

Thanks peeps! The thing is people on hotcopper are not even all over this yet... lol

Long Member

Hope you got some profit out in time! Absolute mayhem the past couple days, looks like a big player in the US might be dumping

Crunch time for IIL -- results are in. A nervous wait until Tuesday...