sharetrader

Threaded View

Actually...if you'd care to read Rod Oram page D24 of the Sunday Star Times today he covers all this excellently and rather better than Jon Brewer. Comment again after you have read Rod Oram. (normally I am rather dismissive of Rod Oram because his articles are politically slanted heavily to one political party - enough to rate them as propaganda rather than objective analysis - however today he's stayed out of politics completely).
    There's one point I disagree with him - he states "such as watching content away from the main family TV".
    Bollocks, consumers will, and are buying main family TVs that easily connect to the Internet so that they can sit together in their comfortable Lazy Boy recliners and watch in their TV room.

TUANZ? Raucous laughter. It's main purpose is not to serve Telecom Users but to try to destroy Telecom. Think cynically when you read a TUANZ pronouncement - luckily they are rarer and rarer these days. Maybe TUANZ is dying out now that Chorus is separated from Telecom and telecom fields of activity have vastly proliferated?

The last news release from TUANZ I recall (and they used to come thick and fast) was some months ago.
    It was a sotto voce release volunteering to "do everything they could to help CNU" and seemed rather along the lines of the fox offering to guard the henhouse heh heh ;-)
    How TUANZ still justify the considerable expense of a full time CEO and staff and office etc strains credibility.
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 02-03-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: correction