sharetrader
Page 107 of 215 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2148

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    So the Spark report is in and I quote "IT revenue is up 19%" and also that "Spark has signed some big new contracts".

How does that fit in with "Spark Digital are still bleeding high-margin business customers to competitors such as DataCom, with no end in sight" Zaphod?
    It fits very well MT, thanks for asking. Revenue up 19% on the back of organic growth then is it MT? Or is that revenue growth related to the acquisitions? Some minor investigative research into Datacom's much more rapid growth in NZ and their client list would be quite revealing MT. Revenue higher than Spark Digital, yet the company is much younger.... They must be getting customers from somewhere, including my former colleagues.

No need to be so defensive about you favourite share. Spark are doing well, but some constructive criticism is good for objectivity.

Advanced Member

Does anybody know the dates related to the dividend? I can never get their site to work for me and all I get is the full year to March last.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Does anybody know the dates related to the dividend? I can never get their site to work for me and all I get is the full year to March last.
    NZX says ex 21/9 and paid 6/10
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

still struggling around 3.90 and if vodaph lists i guess related selling could take place
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Vocus selling its NZ investments includes slingshot,NZ Racing and Orcon(i think)

1QFY18 Trading Update - New Zealand

• Net broadband subscriber growth in Consumer of 3,365 in 1QFY18
    • Taking unfair share in UFB – 16% share of all UFB connections in 1QFY18
    • More than 50,000 UFB customers with a reduced churn rate of 1.4% in 1QFY18 (FY17 1.9%)
    • 4,704 active energy customers and fastest growing energy retailer in Auckland
    • Bundling opportunity growing - energy attachment rate for new broadband customers 14.5% andmobile 13.3%[/COLOR]
      55% of all subscribers signed in 1QFY18 were digital only sign ups
    • ]Business & Government sector activities restructured under Vocus Communications branding
    • GM for business segments appointed recently
    • Vocus Communications energy services launched, targeting the SMB segment [/COLOR]

IMO

Trader Jackson
    Correct, they are preparing the NZ business for sale - wonder if this means listing or trade sale? Probably trade sale, but to who and at what ratios? Vodafone before they list?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Vocus selling its NZ investments includes slingshot,NZ Racing and Orcon(i think)
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...stralian-owner

Banned

Spark has never recovered it's dividend since going Ex on Sept 21st at $3.84, actually quite out of character for the stock, struggling around $3.60 for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Spark has never recovered it's dividend since going Ex on Sept 21st at $3.84, actually quite out of character for the stock, struggling around $3.60 for a while now.
    And quite contrary to my plan too!!! Now I am i SPK for a longer-hold. Wonder if the proposed VOD listing is anything to do with it. At least the dividend is good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    And quite contrary to my plan too!!! Now I am i SPK for a longer-hold. Wonder if the proposed VOD listing is anything to do with it. At least the dividend is good.
    Yes that's the good thing about SPK, it's like a hedge fund, if things don't go to plan, just keep holding for the next divvy. More to do with the big overseas boys moving money around due to currency fluctuations, and US interest rate projections, than the possible VOD listing IMO. Disc-My biggest holding.