sharetrader
Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I'm with Orcon and never had any Customer service issues..Last week it took 10 seconds for my call to get answered..
    It's good to hear that you've had good experiences with them.

In our experience, of all of the providers we deal with, Orcon have given us the most issues, usually on provisioning (cutover dates not being adhered to), customer support (lengthy waits and/or the occasional poorly trained staff member) and various billing issues. VFNZ are very close behind.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    It's good to hear that you've had good experiences with them.

In our experience, of all of the providers we deal with, Orcon have given us the most issues, usually on provisioning (cutover dates not being adhered to), customer support (lengthy waits and/or the occasional poorly trained staff member) and various billing issues. VFNZ are very close behind.
    Hmmm..I know Orcon had a bad image around 2012/2013 with multitude of problems...

Back in October 2013 I asked Spark and Vodafone I wanted to go onto fibre Spark kept on saying I didn't have fibre at the gate... Argued with them that I watched them lay it back in November 2011 but they didn't believe me..and Vodafone said there was no demand for fibre and so they weren't offering any services..and I argued how on earth do you know there's no demand when you don't offer services...Rang Orcon and they said sure no problems signed up over the phone right there and then and 150 metre of fibre was laid up the driveway through the paddock to the house the next week...Now it was around this time late 2013 that Orcon finally sorted their act out but I can remember people asking us "how many problems have you had with Orcon??".....Since I joined Oct 2013 every time I rang I didn't have to wait long and my problems were sorted on the spot efficiently and quickly...I went around for a coffee at my mates place last Wednesday and he was hanging off the end of his smartphone at the time..he waited about 40 minutes to get customer service with Spark ...he was mildly pissed off.

EDIT: we did have some really bad speed issues back in April / May 2015
    Last edited by Hoop; 22-09-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Advanced Member

Craic - your theory is interesting but you may not be able to buy back cheaper and if so when do you time your entry?

Advanced Member

Have a careful look at the charts, the one year chart is probably the clearest. For me if I sell 25000 at a price and then buy back at a lower price, I gain $250 cash for every cent differential. You will se the chart line zig-zags up and down on its way down. When it goes up a few cents, sell again and on like that. The biggest problem is having the balls to wait for the movement and avoiding panic when it gets away on you. If you have cashed up and it continues to rise, you don't lose -if you believe it isn't going to come down again you can reduce the number of shares and start from the higher price - but it will come down.

UP 9 cents today. Is this the last day to get the dividend?

Guru

its ex div today

Opportune time for Divvy hunters to jump out of Spark and into GNe or MEL as they go ex next week...eh?
    Last edited by Hoop; 24-09-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Good plan Hoop, the record date for Spark is tomorrow 25th. Does one have to own the shares on the 25th, or can they be sold on the 25th and still collect the dividend?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Good plan Hoop, the record date for Spark is tomorrow 25th. Does one have to own the shares on the 25th, or can they be sold on the 25th and still collect the dividend?
    They could be sold anytime after going Ex and you will still get the dividend ie from 23/9 onward as long as you bought them before the 23/9 (The Ex date)

What's with the recent downtrend? Anybody holding or have any ideas?