sharetrader
Page 109 of 388 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3876
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Is Jenny up for Re-election in October at the AGM?
    Hope so.!!!!!

Quarterly report is out on the NZX site. Looks pretty good to me. Significantly increased wholesale prices, customers steady, LPG up. Recent signs of potentially substantial life extension at Kupe auger well for the company.

looks good, oil sales well up and with a large proportion hedged at $99 a barrel for current 12mths should make some good dough
    Last edited by bull....; 29-01-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: i
    one step ahead of the herd

I added more this morning. Fundamental thesis is with ultra low interest rates, and a pending significant upgrade to Kupe reserves I see this company being able to pay its extremely high fully imputed dividend yield, (about 10% gross) for perhaps as long as 20 years or even more !!! ( Note current broker DCF models have Kupe ceasing to be cash flow positive in 2027) I think that given the testing referred to recently in this thread that cease date is WAY too pessimistic.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-01-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Hmmm, would have been good to see it adding customers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Hmmm, would have been good to see it adding customers
    I'm of the understanding the flow of customers leaving has turned around of late.

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    I'm of the understanding the flow of customers leaving has turned around of late.
    Customers are down compared to this time last year, see first line of report. I'm not really seeing a turn around in this. Not sure why the report has been seen so positively.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Customers are down compared to this time last year, see first line of report. I'm not really seeing a turn around in this. Not sure why the report has been seen so positively.
    Its not tiny fluctuations in customer numbers that are important.
    What really matters is how much electricity they generate and what price they sell.
    Have a look at the current electricity demand,hydro storage and inflows,and the current price-its hot ie prices are now in the red zone on wits free to air.
    Genesis will currently be creaming profits.
    I would imagine they are going through a lot of coal and gas at huntly and making mega profits.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Of Virtual Asset Swaps, Hedging, CfDs, and Your Electricity Bill

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    What really matters is how much electricity they generate and what price they sell.
    Have a look at the current electricity demand,hydro storage and inflows,and the current price-its hot ie prices are now in the red zone on wits free to air.
    I would imagine they are going through a lot of coal and gas at huntly and making mega profits.
    What REALLY matters is the price you sell something for LESS the total cost of supplying it.

So just to ask a (difficult) simple question: How much of what Genesis sell is at a price related to the spot price of electricity?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Ok, I'll keep the faith.