sharetrader
Page 218 of 383 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3830
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    switch the power off and retire Roger
    Thats a good joke and i am sure Roger is having too good a time to retire and die prematurely.
    At least he can sit more comfortably into AIR seats now he has lost so much weight.

Should I say 'switch the power off (sell GNE) and enter retirement (buy SUM) Roger to make the message a little clearer?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thats a good joke and i am sure Roger is having too good a time to retire and die prematurely.
    At least he can sit more comfortably into AIR seats now he has lost so much weight.
    Feeling really good now, much too good to retire early at 55. Want to keep working till I'm 70 before finding SUM nice place to retire.
    SUM stocks are on super special and others are full retail.
    Thanks for your kind words and yes, AIR economy seats are now very comfortable...kind of like getting a free upgrade to premium economy LOL.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default power spot prices

Have you seen those spot prices for power:

Attachment 8894

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Have you seen those spot prices for power:

Attachment 8894
    Good for the gentailers. Not so good for Flick customers.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Should I say 'switch the power off (sell GNE) and enter retirement (buy SUM) Roger to make the message a little clearer?
    Looking at the graph, she's downhill.
    Perhaps you have additional knowledge on this one..

Looks suspiciously like a triple top to me
    GNETripleTop .JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Looks suspiciously like a triple top to me
    GNETripleTop .JPG
    GNE Yearly cycle ?.
    I should have clarified, SUM is the one that's trending down at the moment.

In these times of low hydro lake inflows, looks like Genesis's Huntly Power Station and good old fashioned coal and gas, will keep the show on the road for every one. Thanks Genesis

Guru

Cool The day I sold out of GNE

I have been a holder since IPO (and ever since had the case of the old 'never brought enough').

I have been a very happy holder, but believe at my sell price today on the close of $2.40, an all time high, there is a now a higher chance the shares will go down over the short to medium term, than what they will go up further.. ie returns may not be that great (compared to other opportunities). Aside from being a bit too reliant (for my liking) on weather conditions to perform well, GNE also now has a fairly bit oil/gas operation, and I am not so sure if the price of oil will be (I believe it will be stagnant at best).

Like when I sold out of HBL at $1.71 a few months back, I believe GNE is also a pretty solid company, I just think there are sum other better opportunities potentially worth considering .

It is funny... my portfolio started out with my largest holdings being in the power sector... now this has move into financials/retirement companies.

Good luck to all the holders, it has been a great 3+ years, and may the odds continue to be ever in your favor
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 16-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.