sharetrader
Page 219 of 383 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3830
    Veteran novice

Thanks, t j . I'm confident that we'll continue to prosper under the dame's astute leadership. Just don't mention Mainzea.....ssshhh.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I have been a holder since IPO (and ever since had the case of the old 'never brought enough').

I have been a very happy holder, but believe at my sell price today on the close of $2.40, an all time high, there is a now a higher chance the shares will go down over the short to medium term, than what they will go up further.. ie returns may not be that great (compared to other opportunities). Aside from being a bit too reliant (for my liking) on weather conditions to perform well, GNE also now has a fairly bit oil/gas operation, and I am not so sure if the price of oil will be (I believe it will be stagnant at best).

Like when I sold out of HBL at $1.71 a few months back, I believe GNE is also a pretty solid company, I just think there are sum other better opportunities potentially worth considering .

It is funny... my portfolio started out with my largest holdings being in the power sector... now this has move into financials/retirement companies.

Good luck to all the holders, it has been a great 3+ years, and may the odds continue to be ever in your favor
    Did the same and also looking at sum other opportunity.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

sold the last of my genesis last week to but wont be looking at sum other stock who looks decidely riskier than gne.
    one step ahead of the herd

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9385...some-customers

Article notes (see RNZ item) that Genesis's gas/coal fired Rankine units have come to the rescue and its two units have been running full steam ahead for the last week, 24 hours a day. Coal generation kicked in six weeks ago. Thermal generation will always be necessary as a back up.

Meridian must be relieved that they are still able to tap into good old coal burners. Looking at the live data, clean and green wind doesn't seem to be making much of a contribution at the moment.

https://www.transpower.co.nz/power-system-live-data

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post

Article notes (see RNZ item) that Genesis's gas/coal fired Rankine units have come to the rescue and its two units have been running full steam ahead for the last week, 24 hours a day. Coal generation kicked in six weeks ago. Thermal generation will always be necessary as a back up.

Meridian must be relieved that they are still able to tap into good old coal burners. Looking at the live data, clean and green wind doesn't seem to be making much of a contribution at the moment.

Two crazy spot prices today: (350$+ a MWH in SI)

Attachment 8930

and at 5pm: (free power in SI ???)

Attachment 8931

Gee, that is interesting, what a contrast. That site, along with Transpower live data and EM6 make for good viewing.

Gee, that is interesting, what a contrast. That site, along with Transpower live data and EM6 make for good viewing.
    It's a big improvement on the TV program, hahaha.

Guru

Wow very interesting what radio NZ said... sounds like GNE is creaming it lately... so much so they had to actual get more coal... could even benefit Bathurst Resources maybe if things remain a little dry (GNE mentioned they prefer to buy local but waiting for OIO approval)>

Disclosure: Previous holder of GNE, still holding BRL

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Wow very interesting what radio NZ said... sounds like GNE is creaming it lately... so much so they had to actual get more coal... could even benefit Bathurst Resources maybe if things remain a little dry (GNE mentioned they prefer to buy local but waiting for OIO approval)>

Disclosure: Previous holder of GNE, still holding BRL
    Well, that's anyone's guess how long the party will last. Niwa's seasonal forecast was for a normal winter, not a dry one. We'll just have to
    wait and see what the next weather system brings.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Well, that's anyone's guess how long the party will last. Niwa's seasonal forecast was for a normal winter, not a dry one. We'll just have to
    wait and see what the next weather system brings.
    The lower South Island has seen no significant rain since early February and is now in a moderate drought. The problem with a normal winter is that it is cold and rain comes as snow so the water doesn't flow into the lakes until October. A normal winter does not signal normal river flows, a normal autumn would do that.
    Last edited by Jantar; 20-06-2017 at 09:18 PM.