sharetrader
Page 224 of 383 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3830

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I see just now the Rankine units are maxed out and diesel/oil generaters have been deployed. Is this also Genesis owned?

Not a good time to be baking a cake by the way if you're on wholesale spot prices.
    Diesel is mostly Contact (Whirinaki, 155MW capacity). It is rarely used and only for a few hours.

Guru

I see just now the Rankine units are maxed out and diesel/oil generaters have been deployed. Is this also Genesis owned?

Not a good time to be baking a cake by the way if you're on wholesale spot prices.
    Is 100% of GNE's Huntly capacity being used??

(you are saying that 2x Rankine units are being used + Unit 5 [gas] + Unit 6 [gas/diesel] = nearly 954 MW of generation)

... this is amazing if so! and the first time in years! (I think?)

Ah ok, unit 6 was going. Transpower represents it as 50 mw diesel/oil. Sideline, I think that's what is was.

Unit 6 was producing just 17 mw when I posted, but it was the first time I noted it in use over the last couple of weeks. Gas was operating across NZ at 90 percent and the Rankine Units at 97.5 per cent. It was all go.

Hold on a minute, just rechecked: diesel/oil is 155mw so I guess as Sideline said it's Contact.

Hey Bobdn, if you want a laugh you should check out the visitor posts on flick electric's Facebook page..

Thanks Huxley, I'll check it out now. Today, my focus was on my BHP and ANZ shares. Man, been doing it tough there but today was a rare happy day...

just looked, yes, some people are suffering alright. I'd be prepared to give Flick a go, seems like a good company. However I have gas heating, cooking and water and with Genesis's dual fuel discount (plus a few Fly Buys thrown in) its just not worth it. It's a better deal for me to stay put.

Found these graphs fascinating:

https://www.transpower.co.nz/system-...lesale-pricing

look how low spot prices were this time last year. No wonder some people on spot wholesale pricing are feeling dazed and confused.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 29-06-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Thank God Huntly Power Station is on duty, keeping us safe and warm. Bless you Huntly and your beautiful coal burning Rankine Units. I love you.

Just a few minutes ago the spot price appeared to reach $108,000 per mwh (glitch I assume, seems high). I wouldn't have wanted to be paying that spot price and baking my hoki fillets in the oven.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 12-07-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Missed by that much

Just a few minutes ago the spot price appeared to reach $108,000 per mwh (glitch I assume, seems high). I wouldn't have wanted to be paying that spot price and baking my hoki fillets in the oven.
    Not a glitch, but not the spot price either. Anything with a six figure spot price signifies an infeasibility in the market and is an indication that the reconcilliation manager will have to calculate the prices manually. In this case it shaows that there is insufficient reserve capacity and that all plant is being dispatched. The final prices should come out somewhere around $5000 depending on location.
    I'm not at work at the moment, but I don't think there are any offers to the market above $10,000 per MWh

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Not a glitch, but not the spot price either. Anything with a six figure spot price signifies an infeasibility in the market and is an indication that the reconcilliation manager will have to calculate the prices manually. In this case it shaows that there is insufficient reserve capacity and that all plant is being dispatched. The final prices should come out somewhere around $5000 depending on location.
    I'm not at work at the moment, but I don't think there are any offers to the market above $10,000 per MWh
    Thanks very much for the explanation Jantar, that's really interesting. Sounds likes a complicated business. It's so interesting watching the charts at the moment!