sharetrader
Page 332 of 387 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3866

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    "Best not to buy into a confirmed downtrend. Wait until the TA signal a sustained uptrend is underway. You fundamental analysis types will get your fingers singed if you ignore my advice". Gosh, this is ironic.

I once bought a big stake in diligent in a sustained downturned. I'll be damned if all it did was pay for my first house deposit.

Jest aside: I'm a very happy shareholder in GEN.
    Yes agree FM just so tempting at this price. Very hard to pick the bottom but agree with Beagle that it’s hard to beat for the risk reward. The gas side with Kupe is undervalued in my opinion and so glad that Gne decided to keep it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Yes agree FM just so tempting at this price. Very hard to pick the bottom but agree with Beagle that it’s hard to beat for the risk reward. The gas side with Kupe is undervalued in my opinion and so glad that Gne decided to keep it.
    To be fair Shareguy, I am giving nil advice on GNE....I am just calling out with sarcasm what I see to be flagrant & suspect downramping on various threads by a particular poster, followed by equally suss up-ramping on other threads (and this one) where that poster has has a vested financial interest. Happens all too often, all the time, over a long period of time, and users should be alert to and weary of (even if the said alleged ramping happens to be on a share that I own and I stand to benefit from). The quotations in my post are not my own words, but my mockery of the sort of ramping that occurs on this forum by another, unique, poster.
    Last edited by Muse; 15-06-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Guru

"another, unique, poster."

Would see that as more of the expression of a momentum trading participant and accompanied by an FA commentary.

Arnt these P/E's just a bit high? SP's likely to take more of a hit as rates rise?

Hate to be a holder from six months ago.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-06-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    "another, unique, poster."

Would see that as more of the expression of a momentum trading participant and accompanied by an FA commentary.
    Yes, and absolutely correct. The best advice I could ever give to users of sharetrader, particularly new users, is to treat these forums with caution (as suggested by another, wiser poster below). I glanced around at various threads and found the following posts enlightening, and good for everyone to keep in mind when reading these forums (names & circumstances redacted out of courtesy ).

This is looking like deja vu. The hard ramping of a stock by a few, based mostly on dividend levels, even in the face of falling share price and ever more difficult trading conditions for the stock. Only for the main player to much later admit they'd bailed out - apparently long ago - from the company.
    Very interesting reading, it's like Nov-Dec 2014 all over again when the rampers fired into overdrive and the lemmings piled into [XYZ], but the lemmings didn't hear about rampers' sell-downs until a few months after they exited.

What followed was an extended period of down-ramping, justified by all sorts of reasoning which is now pronounced as defunct, but could only have left the lemmings who held wondering about their circumstances, many of whom will have sold.

I know the behoved don't intend to ramp the SP per se, but we have seen before that the buying announcements and their excitement is forecast inline with, or in front of, the SP rises. Because the lemmings lap it up.

Yet as soon as the SP weakness emerges, which it inevitably does, the same rampers are gone-burger, in a heartbeat, but their exit is not announced until the ramper is well gone and the hapless lemmings are left holding wondering WTF happened and when will it recover.

So far that hasn't mattered too much as the lemmings who held have made their money back, but the rampers and subsequent down-rampers have made a lot more.

Those with the insights and the expertise to assess and trade the market are to be admired and considered, but taking their advice based on what and more importantly when they post, is folly.
    Thanks for that [redacted]; folly indeed.There are always those that seek to deceive and enrich themselves at others expense; again and again; thankfully only a few on here; but they are everywhere where the scent of $$ is.You can never be really sure re anyones motive and whether its altruistic or speaking with forked tongues.
    A good reminder.
    Thanks for that [redacted]; folly indeed.There are always those that seek to deceive and enrich themselves at others expense; again and again; thankfully only a few on here; but they are everywhere where the scent of $$ is.You can never be really sure re anyones motive and whether its altruistic or speaking with forked tongues.
    A good reminder.
    Well said. Treat on-line forums replete with ramping with caution.
    There is some great research and analysis on here from [XXXXXX] and others XXX wouldn't be the same or held to account without it. If i sniff any over enthusiastic"promoting" up or down ramping or influencing attempts rather than opinions which I value, for and against, then respond i must. Hopefully most people don't mean to overdo it and stray ; keeping a moat between this forum and that other Hot one where anything goes is the point of difference in this forum which i value and is worth fighting for .
    Last edited by Muse; 15-06-2022 at 11:20 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Yes, and absolutely correct. The best advice I could ever give to users of sharetrader, particularly new users, is to treat these forums with caution (as suggested by another, wiser poster below). I glanced around at various threads and found the following posts enlightening, and good for everyone to keep in mind when reading these forums (names & circumstances redacted out of courtesy ).
    A good topic for a new thread.
    I would like to contribute but feel it’s wrong to do this here.
    Perspectives ,emotions etc can change and may be misinterpreted as ramping .
    Could this be genuine change in enthusiasm for a stock ?
    Last edited by fish; 16-06-2022 at 05:55 AM.

Guru

Winner(n) is usually all over high p/e bond proxy stocks.

low 2.20's would nice with some built in premium taking it to the 2.30's as MR B has indicated would be the max you would want to pay for it.

These stocks suffer from high cap x growth problem not a lack of wind but those turbines actually have a small green problem in the components lubricants, small but still there. Newer models might and chemical engineering may have solved those problems.

A taste of what happens from accross the ditch whem you shut down coal generation without considering the consequences;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...ding/101149978

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    A taste of what happens from accross the ditch whem you shut down coal generation without considering the consequences;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...ding/101149978

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Was thinking about this as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

For what it's worth I can remember not so long ago there was serious chomping going on in to as many pieces of juicy Marlin and also anything else that the Fisher funds trawler hauled in. Then not so long after we were advised of a series case of indigestion setting in followed by dire warnings consequences for any other creatures who dared sample named fare.
    Tastes can change on a dime it seems.
    Read these posts with an open mind (and with a full tummy).
    Last edited by SPC; 16-06-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Depending so much on a single on a fossil fuel plant has always been a risky strategy. There is Geothermal base load capacity being added. A diverse spread of wind, plus solar and storage should build more resilience.