sharetrader

Thread: Gold buying

Default Gold buying

What are peoples opinion on investing in gold?

HI Milt, it is 4 hours since you asked the question and I am surprised that Skol has not been barking loudly to warn you away from such folly. If you go to the ASX page you will find the thread for Gold.
    My own opinion is that as long as the major economies keep printing money to debase their currency then over time gold will increase in value compared to paper money.
    There are many strongly held opinions on this topic, eventually you have to go with your own opinion.
    I think that gold will have a better year in 2014 than last year.
    Always be aware that the gold market can be heavily manipulated by big players.
    I have already written more than I intended but the subject is also very political.
    Quick profits? No. Long term gains? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by milt1968 View Post
    What are peoples opinion on investing in gold?
    Yes hundreds if pages of pro-cons to gold investing on gold thread(also checkout silver thread)
    Personal if your keen on holding bullion I,d go with silver but if your
    Thinking of buying into producer/ explorers shares etc then the Gold guys are still making a dollar or two from producing unlike the pure silver plays ;which are all but gone from the asx
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Thinking of buying into precious metals ,probably because of a lot of critical/gloomy articles on Zero Hedge and are interested in other members opinions on how to purchase physical.Any dealings with GoldSurvivalGuide as go-between with the bullion dealers.

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_ch...hly_graphs.plx

Milt,
    If you look at seasonal patterns over the past few years, you will see that mid May is a good time to buy gold, with the first week of June a good time to sell, and the end of June again a good time to buy. End of tax year should be factored in for any June trading.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.