sharetrader
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Promisia Integrative Limited (PIL)

Previously known as the penny dreadful Savoy Equities

Anyone going for a punt?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...matory-product

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down and still a penny dreadful

and little liquidity.

The record date for the SPP was yesterday, so you needed to have bought on or before the 22nd.

The 'good news' announcement was not until the afternoon of the 22nd, so at least it is difficult to say that they tried to spruik it.

It could be the next PEB, if that can be considered as a good thing.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

The Wolf of Sharetrader

"We compared it to some natural, and even some synthetic, anti-inflammatory products out there and we are pretty much beating them all," Daily said.

This statement doesn't exactly inspire much confidence...

Advanced Member

PIL have done a lot of prep work over several years, and are finally looking like they might have a better mousetrap. The company has hired a new CEO who has knowledge of and connections in the US healthcare market. Who knows where this one will go, but arthritis, and inflammation generally, is a huge potential market so might be worth a punt.

Disc, have a few, not worth much though.

Advanced Member

Half year results out now. A bigger loss due to increased setting up costs. Revenue from sales almost doubled from last half year, though still quite small. Arthrem is only sold in NZ so far but a lot of work happening to develop the US market.

Might not have recalled correctly, but I think their base product was originally trialed as a natural anti malarial and the arthritis aspect unexpectedly popped out of those trials.

As mentioned above, hold a few, mainly to support a local Wellington initiative.

Advanced Member

Announced today:

Publication of Peer-Reviewed Research Paper on Arthrem(TM)

Mr Malcolm Johnson, Chairman of Promisia Integrative Limited announced today the publication of a peer-reviewed scientific research paper. The paper's
    first author is the company's Principal Scientist Dr Sheena Hunt. The research paper was published by the Journal of Inflammation Research, a
    recognised and authoritative international journal.

The published results show that the primary ingredient of Arthrem(TM), Promisia's proprietary plant extract, has potent anti-inflammatory activity
    in vitro. Concentrations as low as 0.05% completely inhibited production of the inflammatory mediator tumour necrosis factor-alpha. The extract was also
    a strong inhibitor of the cyclooxygenase (COX) inflammatory marker, prostaglandin E2.

Advanced Member

Small but pretty interactive PIL annual meeting earlier this week. There was an announcement beforehand relating to a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 12 week trial at the Rheumatology Research Unit, University of Otago, which was partially funded by Callaghan Innovation. This produced statistically significant results on the benefits of Arthrem and is to be published in a peer reviewed journal. A version of the product for canine arthritis is underway - fur babies is a potentially lucrative market. The company is positioning its products as rigorously tested / trialled - rather unusual in NZ's fairly unregulated nutritional supplements market.

Arthrem has been quietly launched in the US (arthrem.com) with the intention of selling on a subscription basis worldwide. A surprisingly small number of subscriptions is required to be profitable.
    Last edited by artemis; 29-05-2015 at 05:44 AM.

Artemis, what is a "fur baby"? And what do you get on a "subscription basis"? Arthrem capsules? Shares?
    I assume from your name that you have a connection with Artemisia Annua.
    I have a bottle of Arthrem in my medicine cabinet. After taking it for 3 months I am not sure that it helped me. But still willing to talk about it, maybe not so willing to pay for it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Artemis, what is a "fur baby"? And what do you get on a "subscription basis"? Arthrem capsules? Shares?
    I assume from your name that you have a connection with Artemisia Annua.
    I have a bottle of Arthrem in my medicine cabinet. After taking it for 3 months I am not sure that it helped me. But still willing to talk about it, maybe not so willing to pay for it.
    Fur baby - common name for a pet treated like one of the family. I used it rather tongue in cheek to indicate that folk with fur babies often spend big on them, as they would for a human child.

Subscription is for capsules.

No, my user name is complete coincidence, and relates to the Greek myth. I am a shareholder, however, and was one long before this product was even thought of.

The Principal Scientist at PIL said the Rheumatology Research Unit was very pleased with the results.

As I type this, another coincidence, NBR Radio is broadcasting quite a lengthy item on PIL and Arthrem.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Fur baby - common name for a pet treated like one of the family. ....
    Aka Fur-kid.