sharetrader
Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Good news Beagle. When you decide to buy a real car you can now order an 1100 horsepower Model S that does 0-100 in 2 seconds and has a 800km range.

LOL I have a real car. I can "charge" up my fuel tank in 2-3 minutes and have 900 km's range
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Can you do that at home? Does it cost $20? Can it drive itself? (work in progress that one LOL)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL I have a real car. I can "charge" up my fuel tank in 2-3 minutes and have 900 km's range
    I guess you can tow a boat or a caravan as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I guess you can tow a boat or a caravan as well ?
    https://www.aa.co.nz/cars/buying-a-c...towing-review/

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I took a Tesla Model 3 for a test drive last weekend. Great acceleration but apart from that, I was underwhelmed and doubt very much it will be seriously considered when I replace my current car next year. Bought a "PowerWall" though !

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I took a Tesla Model 3 for a test drive last weekend. Great acceleration but apart from that, I was underwhelmed and doubt very much it will be seriously considered when I replace my current car next year. Bought a "PowerWall" though !
    Bottom line for anyone like you or I that have had the experience of owning a high quality European made car is that apart from the underlying battery and drive systems (you can't see) everything else feels second rate.

You could tow a decent boat or caravan with this, (2,700 kgs) with unlimited range, German assembly standards, nearly 400 horsepower and up to 77 km's electric range, all in a package which is versatile, safe and very comfortable with a 5 year warranty and 3 year service package. I think as I get even more semi retired and want to engage in more lifestyle activities this looks like a very good option. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EITjgIYqmrs I am very tempted to have a look.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-09-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Absolutely not, go and wash your mouth out with carbon free made soap My carbon footprint is beautifully soaked up by all the trees on my property and if I didn't have one they wouldn't grow as well lol
    Seriously though...if this battery breakthrough is real and not just creative marketing hype it does look good...all that's left is the "minor" matter of them to start making the rest of the car with decent build quality.

ARK investments (a fund manager) are a big Tesla investor. Their base case target is Tesla (post split) is $1400 a share by 2024. Other fund managers have widely ridiculed ARK's targets, but so far ARK has been on the right side of history.