sharetrader
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

It's interesting you align safety with workplaces. Life safety is what I'm talking about. Those immigrants are likely to be white collar not blue. They appreciate the general safety and freedom available here. About 1 murder a week here, 50 per day in sth Africa for example. For a lot of them , social factors like Crime are their most important motivator for leaving.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cammo View Post
    It's interesting you align safety with workplaces. Life safety is what I'm talking about. Those immigrants are likely to be white collar not blue. They appreciate the general safety and freedom available here. About 1 murder a week here, 50 per day in sth Africa for example. For a lot of them , social factors like Crime are their most important motivator for leaving.
    Workplace safety is part of life safety surely. No doubt the NZ murder rate is better than in South Africa and probably about the same or worse than in the UK and most countries in Europe.

NZ population 4.5m; ZA 53.0m. As the highest accident and murder rates globally tend to be for young males from disadvantaged backgrounds and ethnicities...bald notional comparisons are of limited usefulness and most ZA migrants to NZ are white or Asian white collar. But I agree, the South Africans I know, say that crime (and the threat of crime) is a motivating factor for them to come to NZ. When in NZ they also tend to live in good areas and work in safe office situations.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 19-06-2015 at 05:55 PM.

There was a NZD bubble and it is depreciating rapidly now as it is still overvalued. Similarly we should see housing burst in Auckland after this bubble. Every asset has cycle and property is not immune to external and local shocks. It is time to avoid property in Auckland. Cycle will repeat in a different manner.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any property, security, commodity, or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 20-06-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    There was a NZD bubble and it is depreciating rapidly now as it is still overvalued. Similarly we should see housing burst in Auckland after this bubble. Every asset has cycle and property is not immune to external and local shocks. It is time to avoid property in Auckland. Cycle will repeat in a different manner.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any property, security, commodity, or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Just because the NZD is depreciating does not correlate with the housing crisis, the NZD is a lot more volatile...
    Long term charts, house prices have been in an uptrend ever since... so however, you look at it, fundamentally and technically it is still in an uptrend...

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Just because the NZD is depreciating does not correlate with the housing crisis, the NZD is a lot more volatile...
    Long term charts, house prices have been in an uptrend ever since... so however, you look at it, fundamentally and technically it is still in an uptrend...
    Yes at the moment there is an uptrend due to speculation and property hype. I believe there will be property crisis in overvalued cities sooner than later. I am one of the big bears for housing markets in Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne etc now. It is time to become fearful not greedy.

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Is that a uptrend in Auckland or the entire country?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11465066

Property Institute warns of 'apartment bubble' in Auckland

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/6837...shades-of-1987

The Auckland housing bubble and shades of 1987

Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked sites.

Guru

I think it bizarre of Len Brown and the Council in calling the transport levy a targeted rates levy. The same amount applies to a one bedroom downtown apartment, whose occupant rarely use a car or public transport and to a 5 bedroom lifestyle urban fringe property, whose multiple single occupant SUVs clog up the motorways morning and night. It is simply another addition to the regressive Uniform charge and will do nothing to ease congestion.

The more targeted way of raising money for transport AND helping to reduce the use of congested roads would have been the congestion charges, motorway tolls and Auckland petrol tax. Opinion polls had supported them but Central Government ignored Auckland opinion. So we got the blanket transport levy which will not discourage road use in the same way as truly targeted charges. Thereby making ever more expensive, disruptive and destructive roading plans even more necessary.

Guru

Default Auckland First Home Unaffarodability Increases

"Estimated mortgage repayments would now set the typical Auckland entry-level buyer back $821.83 a week, eating up 54 per cent of a couple's after-tax pay, according to the report. This is up from 45.8 per cent in May last year and 38.1 per cent in May 2013" http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11472652

With investors, foreigners and immigrants chasing the ""World Class" City's property looks like first home buyers will have to wait until they get an inheritance. If you are from a big and/or poor family, tough luck, because it does not look like the Government or "Super" City are going to co-operate and help take the heat out of the market.

With the freeing up of Chinese capital, a cheaper NZ dollar and lower interest rates, it looks like more heat will enter the Auckland market...
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-06-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Yip,

And thanks to the LVR restrictions and Kiwisaver cap of $550,000 in Auckland there is no chance for kiwis on an average wage that come from a poor family of owning their own home in Auckland

Will be watching Parliament TV with interest this week.. I wonder what Nick Smiths definition of "Affordable Housing" is now