sharetrader
Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Quote Originally Posted by Xirr View Post
    IN a few years time if the media start running stories of goldie oldies that have lost all their money by investing in tech ipo's - i will deadset laugh my ass off.

This is finance companies v2.0

Orion is actually a good company, but I can't see the returns the demand/price range is implying.
    Yep, couldn't agree more. Their sales growth is hardly what you'd call stellar and apparently having conservative projections and actually growing EPS doesn't count for anything anymore.
    All something needs is a couple of magic words like "healthcare" and "software" and its off too the races.
    I can think of one company that's growing real EPS at the same rate that this company is growing sales and it sells on a PE of 11...not in the magic sector so it doesn't count apparently...(casts a wistful glance as his old abacus, shrugs shoulders and wonders how the world got so bloody crazy)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I can think of one company that's growing real EPS at the same rate that this company is growing sales and it sells on a PE of 11...not in the magic sector so it doesn't count apparently...(casts a wistful glance as his old abacus, shrugs shoulders and wonders how the world got so bloody crazy)
    Well Roger... One has to hope that you are " Well positioned " in the not said Company ;-)))))

I can think of one company that's growing real EPS at the same rate that this company is growing sales and it sells on a PE of 11...not in the magic sector so it doesn't count apparently
    Do tell please
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Well Roger... One has to hope that you are " Well positioned " in the not said Company ;-)))))
    As long as they don't start lending to mickey mouse software companies running at a huge loss we'll be all good Not well enough positioned, my freshly polished crystal ball is now telling the same story as W69 for 2015 and even has profit in the early 60's m for 2016 !!

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Do tell please
    Extrapolate the trend as they build their book 11m first Q, 12m second Q, 13m e.t.c. I wonder if I could write a computer program for that

Quote Originally Posted by Xirr View Post
    IN a few years time if the media start running stories of goldie oldies that have lost all their money by investing in tech ipo's - i will deadset laugh my ass off.

This is finance companies v2.0

Orion is actually a good company, but I can't see the returns the demand/price range is implying.
    Take some of the pimpled faced journos out to lunch, wine and dine them and they will write anything you want them to.

That's how some of them wrote wonderful stories about the finance companies and of some of the characters.

Likewise now, the tech sector.

Already millions of dollars have been lost on Xero, GeoP, Serko etc etc.

But the media desperately needs their advertising revenues, see?

Extrapolate the trend as they build their book 11m first Q, 12m second Q, 13m e.t.c. I wonder if I could write a computer program for that
    HNZ of course!
    My brain has been clouded by thoughts of great first day profits on Orion
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Guru

I can't wait !

For those who couldn't view the paid NBR content here is a Herald article talking about demand

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11354405