sharetrader
Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

percy

The ratio is often called the price to sales ratio.p/s
    I think it is best used when comparing companies in the same sector.
    I have found it a very useful tool.
    James Cornell of Securities Research Company uses it in his newsletter "Market Analysis."Joshuatree did quote Cornell's excellent article on this thread post #99.You can read old issues on line,so you can see the p/s ratios for a number of companies.

National Business Review: "Telstra spends $20 million for 2% of Orion Health in IPO bookbuild"

First NZ Capital scaled back two third for clients who wanted to buy at $5.70. Expect a further surprise when Orion lists in 2 weeks time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

First NZ Capital scaled back two third for clients who wanted to buy at $5.70. Expect a further surprise when Orion lists in 2 weeks time.
    What do you mean?

El Toro~

Also curious what you're referring too?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Slam dunk View Post
    What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Also curious what you're referring too?
    with that level of demand, this things only going one was on opening. Over $1B

El Toro~

Oh I though he was referring to something different, my apologies. Agreed, and given all the positive press one would suspect they will be both strong insto buy and retail buying come 26 Nov.

I think I'm slowly starting to understand the story now. I recommend readers have a listen to this.

http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/busines...nities-048.mp3
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I think I'm slowly starting to understand the story now. I recommend readers have a listen to this.

Thanks Noodles for posting the podcast & I'm pleased you're starting to understand the story.If Orion can execute the big data analysis,genomics & preventative medicine capabilities it will be close to the Holy Grail of Health Care IMHO.For patients safety and health buget savings by avoiding health test duplication its a big yes from me

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post

Interesting podcast - cheers.

Yes, there are huge opportunities in the health market, and if OHE remains the only company in the world to explore them, than no doubt the current SP is fully justified.

Just wondering however, whether they have really that much specific IP and knowledge that it is impossible for others to jump on the bandwagon? If they do, than there is as well the risk that governments and insurances might as well go with the (local / bigger / better known to the purchaser) supplier.

Even if we assume for a moment that OHE are the best .... just looking at past big IT projects ... did New Zealand always pick the most capable and knowledgeable software provider or did we go instead with whoever managed to best pull the wool over our bureaucrats eyes (remember INCIS, Novopay)?

Wishing OHE all the best, and certainly a business worthwhile to invest in (at the right price), but in my view does the current SP not adequately reflect the risks which are in this business.

However - great if it works out, I would like to see more successful New Zealand Export business.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)