sharetrader
Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Health expenditures are escalating in the developed world. In the US the high cost of health care is causing individuals and the economy as a whole to buckle at the knees.

I am sure all of us who have interacted with the health system have encountered examples of inefficiencies and unnecessary duplication. Eliminating this with software which keeps track of what is going on would save bucket loads of cash.

So if Orion produces software which ticks this box they are on a winner. Recent experience shows that this is not easy to do(1), Orion may not succeed.

One way Orion share holders may skip happily to the bank is if they get brought out by the big name ERP vendors and integrators like SAP Accenture or Oracle.

Be a shame if Larry Ellison of Oracle can not buy another complete Hawaiian island because he needs the cash to buy out Orion shareholders.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

(1) http://www.computerweekly.com/opinio...-for-IT-failed

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I didn't want to spoil your day dreams BP

I think the comparison with SAP is a good one. No organisation takes on a SAP implementation without dipping deeply into the cash box and with the knowledge that they have a big project on their hands.

If Orion can make to $US97B market capitalisation then your dreams will have come true.
    All good.

Just to clarify - I do not hold OHE - and never have ... to speculative for me. Imagine as well that holding them so far would be more comparable to a nightmare - having to look at the trend chart and knowing it is your money ...!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

OHE has the potential to become a world leader in the global healthcare industry. Nations around the world spend more and more $$$$$ on health care each year they want to get the best value to money. OHE has potentially the best software platform in the world. Massive sector tailwinds. Just take a close look at FPH.

DISC: no not hold OHE.

OHE is in a down trend. It is now at a 50% discount to the IPO price and the IPO was oversubscribed too.

SP has just dipped below $3, a point where I have previously said I would consider investing. I have since reconsidered and will not be investing due to a number of reasons, one of which is the reviews on Glassdoor. I saw Sam Morgan recently tweet the following "Glassdoor reviews should be mandatory reading for investors and directors. They should just add the latest reviews to the board pack."

For anyone interested, look at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Or...ws-E104303.htm

DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    SP has just dipped below $3, a point where I have previously said I would consider investing. I have since reconsidered and will not be investing due to a number of reasons, one of which is the reviews on Glassdoor. I saw Sam Morgan recently tweet the following "Glassdoor reviews should be mandatory reading for investors and directors. They should just add the latest reviews to the board pack."

For anyone interested, look at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Or...ws-E104303.htm

DYOR
    great source of information ... and yes, the OHE glassdoor reviews are plenty and clearly a mixed bag - even discounting the remark of one reviewer that OHE HR is encouraging staff to write positive glassdoor reviews.

Based on browsing a handful of pages with these reviews - it feels like a company which started in somebody's garage and than grew fast without adapting its processes, leadership methods and means of internal communication. I do know people working there ... and not everything seems to be bad (from their point of view), but (lack of consistent) processes and (lack of company-wide) information sharing appear to be an issue.

Not an unusual problem for any "growth-" company to have, but one of these things which can stop further growth ... and, if not addressed, even slowly kill an organisation.

Anyway - back to investment decisions. If we look at the SP trend - there would be anyway no reason to buy in now, wouldn't it? ... and given the current market volatility would I assume that the so called growth companies (like OHE and others) will stay down for some time to come.

Time to keep the powder dry ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 09-02-2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Free falling.....down to 2.70........

Buy GLH.asx instead, much better outlook than this investor cash burning machine!

Correct me if I'm wrong and I welcome debate. Personally, I feel this company has the hallmark of a falling company, and is therefore a perfect short candidate:

- full of hope and potential, with not much substances to go with it...
    - non-stop insider selling
    - fast cash-burning company, mass new hiring without much revenue to go with it
    - revenue growth is slowing down heaps, even when FX rate is hugely in their favour, probably will reverse into negative soon
    - no guidance from management? Are they that slack or lack confidence that much?
    - iPhone 6 effect? Of course, for anyone following this company, it's not surprising to see it promptly followed that up by announcing disappointing earnings.
    - lack of directions on spending, US market is challenging? If they cant milk profit from the fattest industry on earth (US Healthcare), what are their odds in other places where Healthcare doesn't have an oversized weighting in the economy?
    - seems to be all over the place with their announcement, Spain? France? I mean.... are they that desperate to get into ANY market? Why not some English speaking ones?
    - trading near 52wk low and is not particpating in rallies, while at the same time very sensitive to bad news, technical sign of lower lows ahead

As such, even at $2.79 appears too high, and more dilution will need to come to replenish the company coffer, rinse and repeat and it is on track to trade below 2 in the not too distance future, and probably below 1 further out. Especially now that the sentiment has turned against risk assets on a global scale. This stock reminds me of Rakon, Zynga, Fitbit, Groupon and the conditions are there for a "LinkedIn" moment if they announce a very bad earning on a day where the market is in a bad mood!

Good luck everyone and I hope can save you guys some money!

You are SPOT on with your assessment......CEO needs to be replaced.....but notice that he kept 51% after IPO....not able to sell and support what they have sold and he's obsessed and focused on investing in new product just announcing human genome solution that is decade or further out to market....US operations in disarray with decreasing revenue....

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong and I welcome debate. Personally, I feel this company has the hallmark of a falling company, and is therefore a perfect short candidate:

- full of hope and potential, with not much substances to go with it...
    - non-stop insider selling
    - fast cash-burning company, mass new hiring without much revenue to go with it
    - revenue growth is slowing down heaps, even when FX rate is hugely in their favour, probably will reverse into negative soon
    - no guidance from management? Are they that slack or lack confidence that much?
    - iPhone 6 effect? Of course, for anyone following this company, it's not surprising to see it promptly followed that up by announcing disappointing earnings.
    - lack of directions on spending, US market is challenging? If they cant milk profit from the fattest industry on earth (US Healthcare), what are their odds in other places where Healthcare doesn't have an oversized weighting in the economy?
    - seems to be all over the place with their announcement, Spain? France? I mean.... are they that desperate to get into ANY market? Why not some English speaking ones?
    - trading near 52wk low and is not particpating in rallies, while at the same time very sensitive to bad news, technical sign of lower lows ahead

As such, even at $2.79 appears too high, and more dilution will need to come to replenish the company coffer, rinse and repeat and it is on track to trade below 2 in the not too distance future, and probably below 1 further out. Especially now that the sentiment has turned against risk assets on a global scale. This stock reminds me of Rakon, Zynga, Fitbit, Groupon and the conditions are there for a "LinkedIn" moment if they announce a very bad earning on a day where the market is in a bad mood!

Good luck everyone and I hope can save you guys some money!
    Agree with you 100%.

I wrote this in Oct 2014 about the IPO and has seen nothing to change my mind:

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Spoke with an investment banker who has dealt with Orion Health before. Arrogant and unrealistic are his comments.

Amen.