View Poll Results: Will You Invest In This IPO

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Close at $1.74 today. Any idea why this has sprouted wings?

One of my picks in the 2023 competition so good news in that regard. Might even finally get out of red numbers next time petter updates!

I'm happy with this climbing. Interesting that there has been no news. So someone's going all in.

I'm a shareholder, and I too have noticed the sudden surge in the share price in the last few weeks from $1.33 at the start of the month to $1.74 at the close of business yesterday. At the end of April, you could even pick them up for $1.23. So that is a big jump in the share price, up about 40%. The last announcement from the company was on 6.6.23 about holding an investor day in Hollywood, and prior to that the annual meeting was held on 25.5.23. So it will be very interesting to know who is buying and why.

Could it be that the investor day has sparked interest among the analysts and investors and other insiders who track Hollywood and the movies, have looked at the share price and have thought "Are you kidding me?" and have dived in to buy the stock knowing that the movie business is staging a strong comeback post-pandemic that Vista will benefit from and realising that the stock is crazy cheap?

Or is the company actually in the early stages of a takeover? Someone wants it, and they have just started to build their stake in the business before formally proposing a takeover?

Or is the stock just being rerated as investors realise that the movie business isn't going anywhere and that streaming isn't the lethal threat to the cinema experience as everyone had previously assumed it would be?

Who knows, it will be an interesting stock to watch in the weeks ahead I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    I'm a shareholder, and I too have noticed the sudden surge in the share price in the last few weeks from $1.33 at the start of the month to $1.74 at the close of business yesterday. At the end of April, you could even pick them up for $1.23. So that is a big jump in the share price, up about 40%. The last announcement from the company was on 6.6.23 about holding an investor day in Hollywood, and prior to that the annual meeting was held on 25.5.23. So it will be very interesting to know who is buying and why.

Could it be that the investor day has sparked interest among the analysts and investors and other insiders who track Hollywood and the movies, have looked at the share price and have thought "Are you kidding me?" and have dived in to buy the stock knowing that the movie business is staging a strong comeback post-pandemic that Vista will benefit from and realising that the stock is crazy cheap?

Or is the company actually in the early stages of a takeover? Someone wants it, and they have just started to build their stake in the business before formally proposing a takeover?

Or is the stock just being rerated as investors realise that the movie business isn't going anywhere and that streaming isn't the lethal threat to the cinema experience as everyone had previously assumed it would be?

Who knows, it will be an interesting stock to watch in the weeks ahead I think.
    Could be some headwinds if the writers strike keeps going. I remember the last one and the effect it had on the industry and the loss of some great shows and then the lack of good movies for awhile.
    For now revenues climbing and someone's buying. Find out soon I guess

It's an interesting industry and plenty of facets to it. I think the death of dvds really influenced what movies were made or not. Apparently dvds made up a decent percentage of sales once films finished up screening at cinemas. So my understanding is some films made during dvds days would not be made today simply because the numbers don't stack up. Of course this happened along side with the increased popularity of streaming.

I guess Vista is reliant on how many people go through the gate. Plenty of factors.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Close at $1.74 today. Any idea why this has sprouted wings?

One of my picks in the 2023 competition so good news in that regard. Might even finally get out of red numbers next time petter updates!
    Seems to the time for these tech like stocks …….SKO, GTK and even likes of ERD and IKE share prices have done well of late.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I am also a Holder of this and SKO bought them during the tech shake out when it selling cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunecookie View Post
    It's an interesting industry and plenty of facets to it. I think the death of dvds really influenced what movies were made or not. Apparently dvds made up a decent percentage of sales once films finished up screening at cinemas. So my understanding is some films made during dvds days would not be made today simply because the numbers don't stack up. Of course this happened along side with the increased popularity of streaming.

I guess Vista is reliant on how many people go through the gate. Plenty of factors.
    the data side of this business is being under value and market basicly offer it zero value but at some point in the future it will becomes big data and it will be very valuable
    I say this will happened a couple of years from now in conjunction with this going profitable and it will rocket this business into bigger league

Must be upgrade coming soon? Otherwise they won't do the investor presentation in Hollywood this September.

Also...VGL received a speeding ticket just like ERD...then boom ... takeover

Might be the same thing come to VGL?

Something is cooking on this share.... hoping for a good news next week!!!