70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Buyside interest all but vanished currently, and shareprice retreating accordingly. I topped up at $1.48 but it looks like going lower unless some positive news emerges.

Off to see The Beekeeper at the Elsternwick theatre in Melbourne this morning. A venue with real character, and a favourite of mine whenever I visit that city.
    You'll love the movie mate!
    BEE KEEPER...Jason Stratham is outstanding! full of complex dialogue amongst entwined relationships. A real thought provoking contemporary piece of art that will be talked about for years.

Body count well over 1000 I reckon.

O my ..... extraordinary level of personal violence in high definition colour patched into a storyline that made for compelling viewing.

And best of all VGL closed at $1.56 today, a rare positive given my 15k top up acquisition on Friday/Monday. I picked this stock in the 2024 competition too but it's probably still in negative pricing for that circumstance.

We will all have to wait and see where this goes.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/426967

Vista Group International Limited (NZX & ASX: VGL) reported its full year results for the year ending 31 December 2023 today, finishing the year with strong client signings to its cloud platform.

Financial overview

• EBITDA1 of $13.3m (up 25% on FY22)
    • Total revenue of $143.0m (up 6% on FY22), with Recurring Revenue2 of $124.0m (up 10% on FY22) and SaaS Revenue2 of $45.9m (up 20% on FY22)
    • ARR3 of $126.3m (up 7% on December 2022)
    • Operating cashflow of $9.0m including business transformation items (down 27% on FY22)
    • Loss for the year of $13.6m (down 35% on FY22)
    • Average monthly Cash Usage4 in 2H23 of $0.6m, down from $1.2m in 1H23. On track to become Free Cash Flow4 positive during 4Q24.

Outlook

• 2024 revenue guidance of $152m – $157m, with Non-Recurring Revenue2 of ~$18m
    • Vista Group remains on target to achieve its medium-term aspirations of ARR3 of $175m+ and EBITDA1 margin of 15%+ in each case by the end of 2025, and to be Free Cash Flow4 positive in 4Q24.

Operational overview

• First multi-territory client live on Vista Cloud, United Cinema (Australia and New Zealand)
    • Strong 2H23 signings to Vista Cloud, including Pathé (France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, 129 sites), Major Cineplex (Thailand, 182 sites) and Vista Cloud’s digital solutions, including Cinepolis (Spain, 50 sites)
    • Expanding existing customer contracts, Vue (Germany and Denmark)
    • Completion of the business transformation process, supporting Vista Group’s vision and strategy, increasing role clarity for our people, and delivering over $10.0m of annualised cost savings.

Industry overview

• 2023 box office5 of US$34b, up ~30% on 2022
    • Domestic box office5 of US$9b, up more than 20% on 2022
    • Innovative and diverse content in 2H23, including the ‘Barbenheimer’ phenomenon (both original content) and Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour.

Retrieved this thread from page 4. Funny how interest in posting on particular stocks ebbs and flows.

Share price $1.80 today, and on a bit of an upwards tragectory for now.

A competition pick for me as well as a portfolio holding, so good news all round.
    Last edited by ronaldson; 15-03-2024 at 02:14 PM.

Some very big volumes for Vista went through right at the end of the trading day today. 1,168,760 shares at $1.85. Is someone positioning themselves for a takeover?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    Some very big volumes for Vista went through right at the end of the trading day today. 1,168,760 shares at $1.85. Is someone positioning themselves for a takeover?
    Interesting thought, but there are 236.243m shares on issue as at 31 December 2023 so the aggregate traded on market today is less than 0.5% of the total shares.

Have a look at the existing SPH notices/Annual Report to see who already has a 5% or more holding. That's always good to know regardless.

Investor

If Friday close not related to index balancing, its definitely bullish close and might push past 2 mark in the short term.

looking good for 2+
    one step ahead of the herd

Investor

Big volumes changing hands over past few days, looks like shift in register from one big boy to another.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Big volumes changing hands over past few days, looks like shift in register from one big boy to another.
    More again today. Over 100,000 thousand shares have changed hands so far this morning.

It will be very interesting to see if any substantial holdings disclosures are made to the market in the coming days that show who has been doing the buying and the selling.

By the way, the folks who were buying shares back in November of last year when the stock price was down in the $1.20s, if they are still holding they have done extremely well, up almost 50%! My hat goes off to them.
    Last edited by DavidB; 19-03-2024 at 12:09 PM.