sharetrader
Page 2021 of 2021 FirstFirst ... 1021152119211971201120172018201920202021
Results 20,201 to 20,207 of 20207

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't do boats, they make me sick, or forecasts (especially the weather, even Metservice and NIWA can't get that right!) but maybe the probabilities of SP movements with careful price trading controls, i.e. never a one way trade. Always have a trading contingency in case it doesn't work out. Run with gains, cut losses quickly.

Been awhile since I traded US listed options, albeit fun at the time, staying up all night eventually lost its appeal. Now that's an instrument class that has absolutely no underlying value at all, nada, nothing, just a paper promise, but it still traded purely on perceived or anticipated future prices of the underlying stock. The only way to track it was price charts. One day for example, I woke up and 1200% gain on a gold miner's option, bought the Call at 4 times out of the money, but they struck it rich. The Mrs said, "have you sold?" Um, ok, wait, doing that now. Kaching, money in the bank.

Besides, I'd never join a troupe with Daytr on it, attention seekers lost in a morass of logical fallacies don't interest me, they're just bogged down with redefining everything (the straw man argument) and persist with factual inaccuracies trying to justify it.

I'd consider the 2011 Winner69, but lately, not so much with the Wah's nonsense. Lost the plot lately imo.

Final thought, Daytr reckons RYM is better 'value' now when the SP has gone up a few % than last week when the SP was bottoming. Go figure, higher SP = better value. WTF?
    RYM was better value yesterday, 5% better or so. I made the claim re RYM a few days ago.
    Keep up & it wasn't about a 5% gain.
    Less risk with what suspect might be higher reward. But I don't care as not in either.

Being a sailor myself, risk assessment is key.
    I would want to be stuck on a boat with either of you for the company that resorts to shallow insults let alone that doesn't know when to put in a reef.
    Last edited by Daytr; Yesterday at 10:04 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Been awhile since I traded US listed options, albeit fun at the time, staying up all night eventually lost its appeal. Now that's an instrument class that has absolutely no underlying value at all, nada, nothing, just a paper promise
    Great post but on options;

I disagree, options almost all have a value, might be hard to determine but still exists.

This is something I actually think Daytr understands as his shock at my suggestion that he gave me a free option indicated.

The entire financial world you could say is just a paper promise - money especially, all debt instruments etc...

An option is a VERY formal and VERY regulated contract usually backed up by collateral as well.

Certain options I would find immensely valuable and be able to value precisely, others not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    value or deep value
    deep value terminolgy meaning for the brave lol
    Found this thing DEEP … The Roundhill Acquirers Deep Value ETF (“DEEP) aims to invest in deeply undervalued stocks. DEEP seeks to track the Acquirers Deep Value Index, an index of 100 small cap domestic companies identified using the Acquirers Multiple®.

If these are typical returns from deep value investing think I’ll give it a miss as a strategy ..but suppose we all buy cheap things anyway

https://www.roundhillinvestments.com/etf/deep/
    Last edited by winner69; Today at 09:18 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Found this thing DEEP … The Roundhill Acquirers Deep Value ETF (“DEEP) aims to invest in deeply undervalued stocks. DEEP seeks to track the Acquirers Deep Value Index, an index of 100 small cap domestic companies identified using the Acquirers Multiple®.

If these are typical returns from deep value investing think I’ll give it a miss as a strategy ..but suppose we all buy cheap things anyway

Tobias recently took over.

Returns from deep value are exceptional over the cycle. Recommend his book, Deep Value.

Should do an easy 15 over time

I listen to Tobias's podcast, Value After Hours, on spotify when im pushing bubs to sleep in the pram. Its quite good.

youtube link: The Acquirers Podcast - YouTube
    spotify: The Acquirers Podcast | Podcast on Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Great post but on options;

I disagree, options almost all have a value, might be hard to determine but still exists.

This is something I actually think Daytr understands as his shock at my suggestion that he gave me a free option indicated.

The entire financial world you could say is just a paper promise - money especially, all debt instruments etc...

An option is a VERY formal and VERY regulated contract usually backed up by collateral as well.

Certain options I would find immensely valuable and be able to value precisely, others not at all.
    How about put option and call option?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

With full of overvalued stocks, it make sense to go behind deep value stocks. I added few deep value stocks into my portfolio.