sharetrader
Page 2007 of 2007 FirstFirst ... 1007150719071957199720032004200520062007
Results 20,061 to 20,067 of 20067

🥱🥱🥱🥱 are we there yet? The market is still valuing OCA at 56c.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The machines can answer this for us much faster than any homo sapien.

The value of a bond where you don't get your capital back is typically referred to as a zero-coupon bond. These bonds are issued at a discount and mature at their face value; the difference between the purchase price and the face value represents the interest earned. The value of a zero-coupon bond is calculated based on the present value of its face value, which depends on the yield or interest rate and the time until maturity.

Here’s the formula to calculate the present value (PV) of a zero-coupon bond:

PV = F/(1 + r)^n

Where:
    - F is the face value of the bond.
    - r is the annual discount rate or yield.
    - n is the number of years until the bond matures.

This calculation gives you the current value of the bond, considering the time value of money. The higher the yield and the longer the time until maturity, the lower the present value will be, reflecting a deeper discount on the initial purchase price.

Haha, I don't think the bonds Balance loaded up on were zero coupon bonds. Zero something though.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Haha, I don't think the bonds Balance loaded up on were zero coupon bonds. Zero something though.
    I will get 100% of my money back plus interest while you will still be wondering about float(ing) sunken OCA boats.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Your estimate which is wrong and ignorant of what's actually happening with OCA.

Stop blindly following those who think they know but actually are ignorant. Read OCA's presentation and work through the implications of why & how its business model is seriously flawed.

Seriously, if you do not know how a bond is priced (simple as), what chance have you got of understanding OCA's highly complex and opaque financials and operations?

Logic of a swamp newt.
    Gosh, that’s a brutal response. So you reckon OCA is stuffed but offer nothing except abuse and reference with no insights.

How about you lay it out with some detail yourself, about why OCA is stuffed? State your argument if you can, without disparaging others arguments?

Oh dear …Warriors smashed this week. Roosters 38 Warriors 18. FA for season is 3 wins 1 draw and 6 losses which is not good. Fans not daunted …one commented ‘ where are the Wahs we knew but I still love them and we won the second half’ so still on track.

Oceania share price down last week….4th week in a row …Warriors lost 4 in a row ….now that’s spooky. But the Oceania fans have been out in force cheering their love on. One fan even pointed out everybody had misinterpreted the last announcement and things were actually going well.

Casual observer "Up the Wahs" is now what the other teams all do to them. This is definitely not going to be Warriors year. Likewise for Oceania it seems they will remain the doldrums as well.

Not going the way fans were hoping

But guy from sponsor One Jason sent this message out ..a true fan ..with a vested interest -

@JasonCParis
    The @NZWarriors were incredibly tough tonight. We won 18 - 16 after the first 15 minutes. We need to remove those poor 20 min periods and we can beat anybody. Injuries are a worry, but look at the players back from week 14. #KeepTheFaith
    #UpTheWahs
    Last edited by winner69; Today at 07:01 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I will get 100% of my money back plus interest while you will still be wondering about float(ing) sunken OCA boats.

I suggest you spent the evening reading the Bond prospectus and learning about your position in the cap stack Son.

There is nothing certain in the world of finance, nothing. There is no 'I will'. Apart from "I will be working my day job a while yet'

I believe you are an OCA shareholder with a higher average price than the Sailor, is that correct?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Gosh, that’s a brutal response. So you reckon OCA is stuffed but offer nothing except abuse and reference with no insights.

How about you lay it out with some detail yourself, about why OCA is stuffed? State your argument if you can, without disparaging others arguments?

Your estimate which is wrong and ignorant of what's actually happening with OCA.

Stop blindly following those who think they know but actually are ignorant. Read OCA's presentation and work through the implications of why & how its business model is seriously flawed.

Seriously, if you do not know how a bond is priced (simple as), what chance have you got of understanding OCA's highly complex and opaque financials and operations?

Logic of a swamp newt.

Pretty insulting to a lot of very smart and thorough contributors to this thread, who have gone to great lengths to explain their thought processes and are humble, unassuming and helpful. Not saying I am one of them, but pretty bad form.

And from someone who recently bought shares at a higher price than they are now.

In fact that's the biggest argument against OCA right now... Usually what Balance touches....