sharetrader
Page 1962 of 2029 FirstFirst ... 962146218621912195219581959196019611962196319641965196619722012 ... LastLast
Results 19,611 to 19,620 of 20282

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All these young(er) people heading off to Aussie for better life

I hear even more oldies are following them in droves to be close to their kids and grandchildren

Might not be the need for 10s of thousands of new retirement units after all
    I have finally got my ducks in a row and am applying, no offers yet though...
    Last edited by allfromacell; 19-04-2024 at 09:46 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nothing wrong with houses - been the best investment ever in most Western countries since like forever.
    Plus the one of the only things banks use as collateral. Shares are not worth the same number as a houses value to lend against. I am struggling to get a credit card due to having a low income, yet my wealth is not on the light side.

I hear even more oldies are following them in droves to be close to their kids and grandchildren

Guess Trelise Cooper will not be moving into any of the super-premium RV unit like The Helier anytime soon? Wonder how much she wants for her $10.4m apartment.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/style/350247...nd-quitting-nz

Fashion designer Dame Trelise Cooper has announced she is selling her Auckland apartment and moving overseas, just weeks after moving into her new home.

Cooper told real estate website One Roof the decision to move was for family reasons and the apartment was therefore no longer needed.

“We’ve come to this new chapter, where we have decided family is very important to us,” Cooper said.

The couple’s apartment will go to auction on May 8 and has a CV of $10.5 million.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-04-2024 at 09:54 AM.

Guru

I think you can even get NZ super while living there.

https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/countrie...ion%20payments

No doubt health services (and services all round) would be better and cheaper with both more people and low gst.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 19-04-2024 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I think you can even get NZ super while living there.

https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/countrie...ion%20payments

No doubt health services (and services all round) would be better and cheaper with both more people and low gst.
    From what I just quickly read if you have lived in Australia as a resident for more than 10 years,.you may qualify for both!
    Which seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    From what I just quickly read if you have lived in Australia as a resident for more than 10 years,.you may qualify for both!
    Which seems odd.
    But you cannot be out of NZ for more than half a year or else, you lose your super?

Lots of fishhooks, so take great care before you make any commitments. And the Australian Age Pension eligibility is means tested.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Lots of fishhooks, so take great care before you make any commitments. And the Australian Age Pension eligibility is means tested.
    NZ super is not though. So if you spent most of your working life here you would get nearly full payment from NZ taxpayers to live in QLD somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nothing wrong with houses - been the best investment ever in most Western countries since like forever.
    I'd argue purchasing a house is among the worst "investments" someone can make, especially in New Zealand.

It only works out for you as an investor if you leverage tf up and experience multiple expansion.

Productive assets are the way to go, sensibly priced equities or some private interest in a business.

Guru

You can make a motza on rent... Rents in world class cities like melbourne are lower than in auckland (road cones everywhere, potholes, no public transport) and even Wellington.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 19-04-2024 at 10:54 AM.