sharetrader
Page 1996 of 2079 FirstFirst ... 996149618961946198619921993199419951996199719981999200020062046 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,960 of 20786

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbuyit View Post
    Yip it's great, it could probably do with a coat of oil before next summer.

With the inflation in raw material cost, and the shift in oca share price I'd say the deck would maybe cost me close to 3x as many shares now as it did then.
    That says more about how cheap OCA shares are than anything else. Remembering that OCA gets the benefit of owning properties which cost more now than they did in the past to build. Inflation greatly benefits OCA.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    That says more about how cheap OCA shares are than anything else. Remembering that OCA gets the benefit of owning properties which cost more now than they did in the past to build. Inflation greatly benefits OCA.
    I think you will find the cost of building has come down rapidly. Look at some of the packages GJ Gardiner are offering lately compared to a year or two ago.
    The Government has also pledged to substantially bring down the cost of building further.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    You're right Day Trader, they shouldn't have entertained the offer.

Like I said valuenz and I could make 100 million off the float alone without any effort at all, remember the floats growing bigly and you'd cap that at 25 x minimum, so 2.5 billion just there alone, I'd pay more for it. So just the float is worth $3.50 a share.
    It wasn't about whether they should have taken the offer so much as that has nothing to do with you, but the fact they didn't and not long after it was quite apparent the property market was going to turn & that in hindsight if you had considered the macro it would have been a good time to sell.
    Anyway its all theoretical.

Tell me when you have earned that easy $100M. I won't be holding my breath.
    But I'll tell you one thing, selling at $1.50 and then buying back now would make a lot more.
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    It wasn't about whether they should have taken the offer so much as that has nothing to do with you, but the fact they didn't and not long after it was quite apparent the property market was going to turn & that in hindsight if you had considered the macro it would have been a good time to sell.
    What offer are you referring to? I don't recall OCA ever having been subject to a takeover offer. Refresh my memory please, thanks.

Guru

I think you will find the cost of building has come down rapidly. Look at some of the packages GJ Gardiner are offering lately compared to a year or two ago.
    The Government has also pledged to substantially bring down the cost of building further.
    Government pledge?

How many government pledges over every country in the world through all of history have achieved what they pledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    What offer are you referring to? I don't recall OCA ever having been subject to a takeover offer. Refresh my memory please, thanks.
    Not sure, I wasn't the one who originally raised it & I wasn't following OCA back then.
    SailorRob might be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Government pledge?

How many government pledges over every country in the world through all of history have achieved what they pledged.
    The obvious point is to anybody who read what I was replying to is that we aren't in building cost inflationary times, quite the opposite, so don't rely on that to boost the SP, not in the near term anyway.

It's actually quite an easy fix for the Government, by simply allowing a lot more products in from overseas that are already approved overseas. We finally don't have a monopoly situation on GIB for example. But there's a lot more coming.

The extra bit will be if they actually manage to streamline the RMA. We will see on that one, but they seem determined and it's a cornerstone policy of the Coalition.

Guru

Not sure, I wasn't the one who originally raised it & I wasn't following OCA back then.
    Don't bring the Sailor into it!

Membaa

But you describe that there was an offer as if it was a fact, quite confidently. I think OCA has never been subject to a take over offer and you might be confused with ARV that in Dec 2023 turned down a takeover offer made in Sept last year?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    But you describe that there was an offer as if it was a fact, quite confidently. I think OCA has never been subject to a take over offer and you might be confused with ARV that in Dec 2023 turned down a takeover offer made in Sept last year?
    When I replied to his comment about the offer, I was getting confused with STU.

Which was another massive 'efficient' market f up. I bought the business for less than net working capital (mostly steel inventory) , got everything else for free.