sharetrader
Page 515 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 1541546550551151251351451551651751851952556561510151515 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 19791
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    And this in a nutshell is why I have hesitated to jump into Met. Capital Gain, while very tasty, is not something we routinely have on our dinner menu. We prefer Dividends. And lots of them !
    Just sell a few shares in lieu of a dividend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Just sell a few shares in lieu of a dividend.
    Recognise that I can do that.....it feels like the reverse of compound interest if I was to.

Banned

Fundies finished off loading?

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Fundies finished off loading?
    Salts disclosure goes a long way to explaining what has been going on.Not sure what they paid for the shares but the DRP would have gone a long way to cushioning any loss from the 12ml they have sold.Onward and upward!!

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Salts disclosure goes a long way to explaining what has been going on.Not sure what they paid for the shares but the DRP would have gone a long way to cushioning any loss from the 12ml they have sold.Onward and upward!!
    If we can conclude from that that most of them have been sold since the 21st of April, then that would certainly help explain it. Still a bit of a cloud there regarding the remaining 33 million they have...hopefully that's a long term hold.

Interesting that they have been unloading at a loss since they had been busy buying at the end of Jan when share price was >$1.20. Do they know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Interesting that they have been unloading at a loss since they had been busy buying at the end of Jan when share price was >$1.20. Do they know something we don't?
    Salt like many other institutions will have had many redemption requests from clients and requests for transfers from growth funds to balanced and conservative funds. They have probably had to liquidate some of their shares. That's how I see it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Maybe they where playing the DRP and got caught napping by covid as many did.Havnt done the math but they still have a fear wack of them

They may well have bought a chunk when they were sub 60c too though, right?

Off topic but it is a proven fact men get the flu worse than women.
    I see Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert is saying when the fake money starts getting into the economy, don't save it. So I say who cares about dividends, its profit and capital growth and a hedge against hyper inflation I am wanting. Gresham's Law states that good money follows bad. With all the fake money starting to circulate, cash is what you dont want.