sharetrader

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Maybe John Key helped cause the problem ????!!!!!
    Well that's where he made his miillions after all.!!!!!
    Percy I know that is tongue in cheek , he never worked in NZ with a bank that had retail customers/ FX trades, he was good enough not to have to rely on the travellers cheques coming through to turn a profit for the day .....
    I doubt the govt would do much Liz this is a pretty competitive industry with many players in it .
    If you are looking at doing a currency transfer I have dealt with this company . Rates very close to spot.

http://www.directfx.co.nz/About+Us/Contact+Us.html

Cheers S/L.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Percy I know that is tongue in cheek , he never worked in NZ with a bank that had retail customers/ FX trades, he was good enough not to have to rely on the travellers cheques coming through to turn a profit for the day .....
    I doubt the govt would do much Liz this is a pretty competitive industry with many players in it .
    If you are looking at doing a currency transfer I have dealt with this company . Rates very close to spot.

Cheers S/L.
    Hi Stoploss

Thanks for that. Does it end up cheaper overall than using ASB securities? Even if you convert with directfx, asb securities charges 1% to deposit foreign currency into your foreign currency account.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by zb3 View Post
    Hi Stoploss

Thanks for that. Does it end up cheaper overall than using ASB securities? Even if you convert with directfx, asb securities charges 1% to deposit foreign currency into your foreign currency account.
    Banks charging you money to deposit funds with them ....look at all the advertising for mortgages
    at the moment , change bank bring your mortgage and they pay YOU upto 3K . I think the simplist thing to do
    as mentioned by others set up a OMCA ac . Leave the Aud as Aud then you only get hit when you do the original trade .

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post

Cheers S/L.
    Caught out yet again.I can't get away with anything now days.!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.