sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default SER (Strategic Energy)

Can't find a thread for this one, which is experiencing an upsurge of interest, mainly it would seem because of their plans to develop a previously abandoned graphite mine - which is described as "world class". China currently accounts for some 80% of the world's total graphite output and in July last it placed restrictions on their export, leading to inevitable increases in world prices. Graphite is in increasing demand in relation to new technologies, including in lithium ion batteries for hybrid vehicles. SER are currently seeking a major partner to help re-develop the mine, and they say that they have had expressions of interest from prospective Japanese partners and other international parties. I would say that there is a long way to go yet, but there is heightened buying interest in the shares and I have managed to secure some at 5.2c, which are already showing a bit of a gain.

SER also have other mining interests - check out their website.
    Last edited by COLIN; 11-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Advanced Member

Hi Colin, Yogi used to run the EBR thread, and company name changed to ser a while back.
    I for one would like to see yogi update for SER.

There is plenty of upside in SER and they are also one of my stockpick tips - up 250%+ so far

M

Advanced Member

Still coming along nicely. Up 26% today.

Advanced Member

Colin, to get a new thread up with a lot of interest takes a long time and by the time people wake up to SER they will have missed out on a huge gain.

hotcopper has some extensive coverage for SER, with talk of 2 pending JV within a month.

SER have enough graphite to last over 100 years, thats why its a world class resource.

M

Advanced Member

ASX Guru - ASX stock market tips

Oct 16, 2010 0
    Strategic Energy Resources (SER) – New Highs Continue!Categories: ASX Speculative Stocks, ASX Trading Opportunities

Since my very first post about Strategic Energy Resources (SER) at the beginning of this month the stock price has almost doubled after Friday’s 26% gain to a close at 6.7c. My initial post referred to a company announcement that provided an update on their Uley Graphite Project. That update mentioned that discussions with potential Japanese partners/customers were ongoing so it is possible that a deal may be imminent.

Either that or the stock is simply being re-rated as risk appetite returns to the market and the strong fundamentals behind their project once again get recognised by the market.

In my second post about this company I referred to a bullish continuation pattern that consisted of three days of selling. The selling period is often referred to as a ‘rest’ period and this week we saw a second bullish three day selling pattern form up. This was confirmed by Friday’s break higher to new 52 week highs.

During the week the company announced that a small placement at 5.1c to raise $479,400 was made to sophisticated investors. The newly raised funds would be used to further develop the Uley Graphite Project and it was well received by the market.

Advanced Member

SER are getting interest on the frankfurt stock exchange following an article about looming graphite shortages.

Last traded at Euro 0.053 which equates to about a 10% premium on the asx.

M

will try and get a few at 5.3c...

Thanks M. Added to watch list.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jess9 View Post
    will try and get a few at 5.3c...
    Might be a bit late, Jess.

I must say, though, that I would like to see a bit more progress with gaining a JV partner.
    Last edited by COLIN; 08-12-2010 at 10:32 PM.

yes, quite likely...however TA looks over bought and can see some s/t sell signals, taking a punt on a retrace...mind you, they didn't quite work on KAS...my buy missed by 2c before its big lift off ! : )
    Last edited by Jess9; 09-12-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: looks better