sharetrader
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Guru

If you thought you were to lat to invest, dont worry, they have extended!:

http://www.martinjetpack.com/news/15...o-offer-period

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I've been thinking. But this is one for the engineers. I'm wondering what the force of the jet pack down draft is. I'm also wondering what force needs to exerted on an avocado before it detaches from the tree.
    so I'm wondering how high above a tree a jet pack needs to be to ensure tree and fruit aren't damaged.

If it's anything above what we'd call a gentle breeze we can be assured the jet pack won't harm the fruit. That's because anything over 15kph means the pack stays on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm wondering what the force of the jet pack down draft is.
    Well, that is simple enough: when hovering, the force of the down draft is equal to the mass of the jet pack plus pilot multiplied by the acceleration due to gravity so, assuming the mass is roughly 200 kg, that's a force of about 2000 N. Does that help?

I guess the force required to detach an avocado from a tree would be at least 10 N. In order to pick an avocado with a jetpack then, the cross section area of the avocado would have to be at least 1/200th of the cross sectional area of the downdraft, which it probably wouldn't be. My guess is you could probably safely fly over fruit trees without dislodging the fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    I guess the force required to detach an avocado from a tree would be at least 10 N. In order to pick an avocado with a jetpack then, the cross section area of the avocado would have to be at least 1/200th of the cross sectional area of the downdraft, which it probably wouldn't be. My guess is you could probably safely fly over fruit trees without dislodging the fruit.
    *Nods head in astoundment and approval*

It'd be cool if the significant offshore investor was Google.

You can just tell they are jealous from this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ready-YET.html

Google may in fact need MJP patents and IP if they want an electric powered jetpack as the hint may be construed by the comments made by Astro: http://www.cnet.com/news/google-x-he...tpacks-coming/

They can just strap their new battery technologies straight onto the existing Martin - it would be quieter and lighter as Astro seems to complain about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Google may in fact need MJP patents and IP if they want an electric powered jetpack as the hint may be construed by the comments made by Astro: http://www.cnet.com/news/google-x-he...tpacks-coming/

They can just strap their new battery technologies straight onto the existing Martin - it would be quieter and lighter as Astro seems to complain about.
    Kiwi's showing up the BIG BOY Yankees eh? That'd be awesome! I don't think Google would need to take a second look at a paltry $10M+ investment though...

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Kiwi's showing up the BIG BOY Yankees eh? That'd be awesome! I don't think Google would need to take a second look at a paltry $10M+ investment though...
    Cheaper to pay for it now than $1bn not too far down the track...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Think I should ask for a retainer?
    You might be better with a restrainer.