sharetrader
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    ............. They need to move fast as there is no reason larger quad copters wont be a competitor (I can already buy a small one for $100 at the local mall).
    This invention was a story with a very good opening when it was first told. But that's all it got, a good promise tempered so long you got tired hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I would prefer a helicopter rescue than get my arse burnt off on a jetpack. Mind you, nothing a bit of A2 could'nt fix.
    Let's see your beloved helicopter fly directly up to the window of a burning high rise building and fly you safely down.

I can see it now... "No, I'm not going to get on that thing. You'll have to find another method of rescuing me."

I guess you never heard the sound of bodies raining down on the sidewalk in and around 9/11? Have a listen some time.

Edit: Here you go - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QN3AkydYY
    Last edited by robbo24; 11-08-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Couldn't help it...Attachment 6127

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    The maker of the Martin Jetpack is planning to list, most likely on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges.

A spokeswoman for the technology firm told the Herald the company was looking to raise $5 million in pre-IPO capital and a further $25 million through the listing.

Watched this progress from the beginning, but still think my investment in Snakk is safer!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11305899
    Why on earth start a new thread? This widow maker has been done to death on the other thread. Nothing has changed, just the same old same old trotted out each year from someone in the back shed

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Let's see your beloved helicopter fly directly up to the window of a burning high rise building and fly you safely down.

I can see it now... "No, I'm not going to get on that thing. You'll have to find another method of rescuing me."

I guess you never heard the sound of bodies raining down on the sidewalk in and around 9/11? Have a listen some time.

Edit: Here you go - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QN3AkydYY
    What an app as long post, at so many levels!

If you are going to spruik this thing you might want to explain how it's going to benefit 9/11 type events with a 100 kg payload, 30 minute flight time and with a pilot who still needs his hands on the controls

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    What an app as long post, at so many levels!

If you are going to spruik this thing you might want to explain how it's going to benefit 9/11 type events with a 100 kg payload, 30 minute flight time and with a pilot who still needs his hands on the controls
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-controlled_aircraft

100kg + fuel + pilot = 330kg max take off weight

Just chill out man, you don't have to ride the jetpack down to safety... Or be plucked from a rip in the tide... Or whatever. You can cross your arms and sulk about it and demand a helicopter... HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Why on earth start a new thread? This widow maker has been done to death on the other thread. Nothing has changed, just the same old same old trotted out each year from someone in the back shed
    Apologies minimoke, my initial search did not turn up previous thead...besides it gives you something to winge about, hence we have a forum!

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    100kg + fuel + pilot = 330kg max take off weight

Just chill out man, you don't have to ride the jetpack down to safety... Or be plucked from a rip in the tide... Or whatever. You can cross your arms and sulk about it and demand a helicopter... HAHA
    Having been in a wrecked building as well as rescuing a person in a rip i know where I'll put my faith. And it sure isn't in a jet pack. A jet pack rescue is a thing of comic book fantasy. Long may it stay there

There will be plenty of competition for the jetpack -- and some look cheaper and simpler. Take this as an example (from an expat Kiwi), using the existing concepts from your standard toy copter:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1041...es-new-heights and http://www.hover-bike.com/MA/.

Estimated cost? About the cost of a SUV -- a lot cheaper than the Martin Jetpack.