sharetrader
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    An interesting development. Clearly Glens vision and that of the board are not aligned. Sudden departures are never a good look.
    Martin JetPack founder Glenn Martin reveals why he quit and why he said 'don't f@#k it up!'

Very similar to my guess.
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

I find that all a bit tragic really.

What did he expect when a large corner stone investment is made? People don't invest to keep you tinkering in your larger back shed. They want a plan for a return on investment.

And he's really not in a position to dish out advice. Following his lead may see a dream being pursued , as was proven, never generate a revenue let alone a profit.

He is also showing his nativity. If the cornerstone investors want to go in a certain direction then that is their right. It is also their right to **** things up however they please. Let's face it - the mjp was never a resounding success under glens governance anyway.

And it maybe pure speculation or coincidence that two christchurch founding directors suddenly leave their babies this week. Are we going to see the advent of a well lit flying machine?

I find that all a bit tragic really.

What did he expect when a large corner stone investment is made? People don't invest to keep you tinkering in your larger back shed. They want a plan for a return on investment.

And he's really not in a position to dish out advice. Following his lead may see a dream being pursued , as was proven, never generate a revenue let alone a profit.

He is also showing his nativity. If the cornerstone investors want to go in a certain direction then that is their right. It is also their right to **** things up however they please. Let's face it - the mjp was never a resounding success under glens governance anyway.
    I feel everything you have said was confirmed on Paul Henry (TV1) this morning when he interviewed Glen Martin.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I feel everything you have said was confirmed on Paul Henry (TV1) this morning when he interviewed Glen Martin.
    A bit sad that he will probably never see his dream take off (literally, or at least with FAA approval).

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I think that is even more tragic. Why would he go on the Paul Henry show? Its hardly a business show. I thought the most serious topic was anything to do with Paul - had he put an order in for a jet pack?

Guru

I think that is even more tragic. Why would he go on the Paul Henry show? Its hardly a business show. I thought the most serious topic was anything to do with Paul - had he put an order in for a jet pack?
    Ha - thats pretty much how Henry started it. describing the jet pack as a toy for people like him. Apparently Martin was on the show a month or so ago and shot his mouth off not realising confidential info, market disclosures etc. Got a letter from his own legal team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Ha - thats pretty much how Henry started it. describing the jet pack as a toy for people like him. Apparently Martin was on the show a month or so ago and shot his mouth off not realising confidential info, market disclosures etc. Got a letter from his own legal team.
    Oh no - it just gets worse. He sounds like a lamb led to slaughter. I appreciate he is a back shed potterer but seriously where are his advisors? He should have people protecting him from this sort of nonsense. I hate to see naive people exploited and it seems to me that mjp is dishing it up at both ends of the deal.

Robbo. Where are you? I see you have been banned. I hope its because you sold out your MJP at their peak and your gloating over you new found wealth got you sent to the naughty corner. If not I hope you still aren't holding. I see today they are looking like a failed MJP which has used its ballistic parachute to come slowly and gently back to earth. Sitting around 42.5 cents - just a tad over the listing price now. And the trend not looking great.

There's a first. Hit 39.5 today. Ouch!