sharetrader
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    El Toro~

Default Slater Gordon Holdings - SGH

Slater Gordon - SGH are one of the two legal firms listed on the ASX, the other being Shine Lawyers (SHJ). SGH is a leading consumer legal firm in Aus with a growing presence in the UK market (currently estimated to be 6x the Aus market potential). They employ 1,300 people currently and have 66 Aus offices and 13 UK offices.

Really like the look of these guys and see huge growth potential. They have made a name for themselves in personal grievance cases. Their growth since listing in 2007 has been impressive to say the least and with so much potential growth.

Anyone else a holder, what are your thoughts?

http://www.slatergordon.com.au/files...on%20final.pdf

Hi dingoNZ

I'm a holder of this stock.

It has done well for me. A real growth stock on the ASX.

Other growth stocks I own are GXL and GEM. Do take a look at the 2 year graph's of these stocks also.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014081...ch0s41pkf3.pdf

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014082...gkm674zc0q.pdf

Cheers
    Blocker3
    Last edited by blocker3; 31-08-2014 at 10:46 AM.

El Toro~

Thanks Blake, I'll have a read over the day. GXL I've heard a lot about and will follow them post announcement from Friday.

Initially I did not like this biz as cashflow was not great against reported revenues but have changed my mind, I think this one will double in the next few years, they have some serious growth opps IMHO!

El Toro~

They have some very strong momentum at the moment, i'll be looking to topup in the bigger dips as they occur. Very happy with their potential and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    They have some very strong momentum at the moment, i'll be looking to topup in the bigger dips as they occur. Very happy with their potential and performance.
    I could not wait for the dip's dingoNZ.

Put my toes into the water and topped up today.

Cheers
    Blocker3

El Toro~

I'll probably be buying a few more next week Blocker3, seriously impressed with these guys.

Also Shine (SHJ) up 8.5% for the day - very solid!

El Toro~

Latest piece of research out (dated 16/12/14) - https://media.slatergordon.com.au/14...king_share.pdf

My model spits out a price of $7.56, looking like a positive year, we shall see come 10 February when the interim results are released.

Our recent trip to the UK has alleviated the near term risks we previously highlighted around Slaters’ consolidation of the UK personal injury (“PI”) market. Multi-track legal fees have not declined and insolvencies continue to increase, giving us confidence that Slaters’ market share can double to ~10% by FY17. Despite the Australian PI business appearing to have gone ex-growth, we expect a positive performance from the UK and General Law to more than offset any weakness at the FY15 result. We upgrade our Eps forecasts by 5-6% p.a and our recommendation to BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Latest piece of research out (dated 16/12/14) - https://media.slatergordon.com.au/14...king_share.pdf

My model spits out a price of $7.56, looking like a positive year, we shall see come 10 February when the interim results are released.

Our recent trip to the UK has alleviated the near term risks we previously highlighted around Slaters’ consolidation of the UK personal injury (“PI”) market. Multi-track legal fees have not declined and insolvencies continue to increase, giving us confidence that Slaters’ market share can double to ~10% by FY17. Despite the Australian PI business appearing to have gone ex-growth, we expect a positive performance from the UK and General Law to more than offset any weakness at the FY15 result. We upgrade our Eps forecasts by 5-6% p.a and our recommendation to BUY.
    Lots of good information dingoNZ. Thank you

Not much activity on this chat forum about Slater & Gordon . Its a good stock to have in my eyes.

Disc : I own SHJ also.

Cheers
    Last edited by blocker3; 08-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.

El Toro~

UK management shares out of escrow today, have seen some selling pressure as a result. Good opportunity to topup (IMO) before the result in Feb.