Hey everyone,

I have recently just signed up to ST after browsing around for a few weeks. This place looks like a very supportive and active environment which I'm glad I found.
Here's a little bit about me; I am an 18YO uni student, studying BioMedical Science at Auckland Uni and applying for Med School at the end of this year. I have always had a passion for saving money and finding ways for my funds to grow. I currently don't have a job as I am focusing on my education this year especially, but I would still like to earn more than 4% on my savings in the bank.

I recently purchased 2000 Air NZ shares on Monday for quite a reasonable price and intending to sell early-mid next year if everything goes according to plan. This is my only acquisition so far as I wouldn't like to risk more capital than currently invested. However expanding my portfolio is a major objective, it's just difficult with brokerage fee's of $30 for every trade.
My worry is that by obtaining another position (in a different sector), I would have to double my profit from 1.5% to 3% in order to cover the $120 brokerage fees (incl. selling). Would you say that by halving my costs (but doubling the risk) by investing in just AIR is sensible? I firmly believe AIR will see a net gain in SP over the next few months especially over the new year and my analysis of the company seems pretty sound IMO.

Anyway, cheers for the read and any comments/advice to a young aspiring investor would be greatly appreciated.