sharetrader

Default NZX/ASX Discount brokers

Is there any advantage using a discount broker in Aussie to purchase shares on the ASX or is it just the same using a NZ discount broker?

Many Australian brokers charge as low as 0.11% - the only problem being that they (now) won't open accounts for NZ residents. Perhaps as their Bank parent companies also own the NZ bank owned discount brokers who will charge 0.3% for an Australian trade.
    An alternative (for more experienced investors) would be to use Interactive Brokers. Australian trades at 0.08% (stet) and minimum of A$6 (but a US$10/month account fee if you have less than $50,000 in assets in the account).

I think one of the biggest advantages is the cheap Forex conversion rates especially with interactive brokers. The exchange rates ANZ/ASB charge are absolutely criminal.

The $10/month fees is waived for accounts with over $50,000 in assets.
    So you can buy and hold.
    Its just may not be the best option for smaller investors.
    I don't buy live prices from IB (just the free 20 minute delayed prices). I use another pay subscription site that give live prices and access to other information.

What subscription site do you use for live prices cornell?

Thanks for the comments. Saxo capital markets is another option. So for someone who does not trade much, perhaps want to loin into the eETFs on the UK market what is the recommendation?

Ok I thought I would refresh this topic. It would be interesting to know the discount brokers people use. Besides the usual 2 in NZ which are expensive if you purchase anything outside nz and Australia.