sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    You will continue to present confused & futile thinking whilst you formulate your opinion on corrupted premises.

Perhaps best to invert your perspective. The glass needn't be 1/2 empty, it instead COULD be 1/2 full under something similar to Act's Tax Policy. Their Tax policy doesn't 'give' anyone more money. Instead it sets the framework for the State to TAKE LESS of our money....and that's everyone by the way, not just the 'wealthy'.

In this context, what does "wealthy" mean anyway? The are many, many folk in NZ who work hard and/or smart and who earn a 'large' income, yet under many peoples definition are still on "Struggle Street' and aren't truly 'wealthy'. Anyway, i digress.

Lest keep to the facts & not forget the current travesty that reigns unabated...

The 21% (just 1 in 5 people!) of Kiwi's who earn an annual income of >$70K basically prop up the entire system by paying 68% of the country's entire INCOME TAX take.

Take some more time to properly digest that - that's over 2/3rds!

Compare that to the nearly 50% who in effect pay NO or very little income tax (through receiving various benefits supplements, rebates, etc) and it takes only a few observational skills to see why we are experiencing such large & systemic economic & societal issues in NZ.

Meanwhile & unfortunately, we still have a handful of Greedy Turkeys here who start squawking the moment a political party espouses a tax policy which allows those who work hard/smart to keep a little more of their own money.

Wake up & smell the roses!
    I think it is you who requires the reality check.
    46% of the population is either between ages 1 - 24 or over 65.
    So it changes the perspective on your BS.
    Are we going to tax children, university students & retirees more to fix the balance?

Easy to say the glass is half full if you are the one benefiting. I to will benefit but unlike yourself, I care that lower income workers are the ones that need the assistance just to get through, let alone one day possibly buy a house.

Seymour is dangerous & he appeals to those who only have self interest.
    $30Bln fiscal hole!
    Lower taxes at the sane time!
    Does anyone see how illogical this smug little man is?
    Last edited by Daytr; 05-08-2023 at 07:35 PM.