sharetrader

Threaded View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm one of those, not 2 & 3 but easier than trying to change everything. Thought I think the Fibre price is not too far away from anyone else, all these so called cheaper options are only for the first 3, 6 months etc or the speed or data amount limited

May Find the other will do the same e.g. 2 degrees etc

Vodafone (ONE) just ditched it all together, had no option!
    I am with 2 degrees and I am already paying $10.95 a month for my mailbox only account (no internet access). So Spark at $5.95 a month looks like an absolute bargain to me. To me a credible ISP must run their own mailbox system. Do I really want my e-mail with some US outfit in the cloud? What do you do if something goes wrong? It is quite obvious that the cost of providing an e-mail server is not free. With more and more competition in the market for broadband, these cross subsidised products eventually have to unwind so that users pay their actual costs. You are kidding yourself if you really believe you are getting 'free' e-mail. Your 'free' e-mail account with your US provider becomes an asset, access to which your provider can then sell to those paying for an advertising banner when you log into your e-mail website. Spark e-mail has always been cross subsidised, even if it was only part of a packaged link to get you to sign up to a 'Spark broadband deal'. But when the cross subsidy is removed, then people start whinging? Well, this is just part and parcel of what an open broadband market is all about. Plenty of options out there if you want to go the 'free' internet e-mail account way.

Because of their lack of e-mail facilities I personally would never sign up with Vodaphone for broadband, whatever the price.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-03-2024 at 11:45 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7