sharetrader

Threaded View

Legend

Andrew (IT at GEL's Head Office) has emailed a bit of background: he's busy with permit reporting obligations, but acknowledges the website should get an update or two in future. Thanks for that.

On another note, GEL's partner (Dunstan Mining) is keeping the recovery levels at McAdies in-house at the moment, even the crew there don't know the levels. Andrew thought the figures will be released eventually..with a bit of diplomacy.

I've been working with figures of 5g/tonne, as the big pit at Waihi has 2-3 g/tonne. I figured GEL has drilled quite a few holes all over the place, and had selected McAdies as a good starting point. They certainly had heaps of sites to choose from. Gold naturally occurs in the crust of our Earth at 5ppb by weight, and anything up to 15ppb or so is "background". Of course 5g/tonne is 5ppm, a thousand times more gold than background.

I don't think GEL would have chosen a mining site with anything less than 1g/tonne over parts of it, considering they can pick which gravel goes into the GRU. If the results were average or poor, I don't think they'd be talking about building or bringing in another GRU so soon.
    Last edited by elZorro; 06-02-2010 at 10:04 AM.